HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

too bad, im kinda disappointed, i was very impressed with your showmanship and ingenuity for a moment there. :)

2. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Way to ruin it, man! :sneaky2: :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Senior member

I'd love to get feedback on this outfit. Fit feels good, but I'm not always confident in my color and pattern coordination.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Deets
    Jacket: Adrian Jules
    Shirt: Brooks Brothers
    Tie: Vanda
    Square: Brioni
    Pants: Dockers :embar:
    Shoes: Ferragamo

I'm trying to find a trouser cut that is somewhat trim, but still fits my "generously proportioned" rear and thighs. I've got a pair of Epaulet Rudy's, but they're still a bit snug when I have the waist right.

4. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

Pour the criticism on, thats the only way anyone can learn. I like the majority of my pants with no break and am very aware and guilty of wearing some "funky shit." I work at a Southern haberdashery where I could wear 4 collars popped if I deemed it pleasing. I lack a decent amount of neckwear which stems from a low budget while I'm trying to buy more quality necessary pieces to my wardrobe (trousers, jackets, etc...) this leads to sometimes wearing some less than optimal tie choices. I'm 5' 6" which always leaves my narrow blade longer, I have tucked the narrow side into my trousers my last couple of outing and I'm sure you will find my fit today more "toned the fuck down." To answer your question I only wear two bracelets, one woven leather and one crocodile with my surname "IV" engraved on it. :embar: :D I have Forest Green Belgians on to keep my sprezz engaged but to SF's satisfaction my pants do have a slight break today.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

^ what about a double FIH ? I'm your height and even my longer ties' back blade are tamed.......sometimes... ;)

6. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

7. Cedric

Cedric Senior member

Spoo = :slayer::slayer:

Spoo, let me guess, you drive an italian car?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012

8. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Soon.

For now, German.

9. Naka

Naka Senior member

Still saving for that Ferrari?

10. Jaggs

Jaggs Senior member

I know it's definitley not SF Approved, but I'd love to know what the Spoo do.

11. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I too sometimes rock the longer blade with no shame. I think your look would translate better with better pics quality. I clearly see what you are trying to do.. and I get it... but I think it's taken out of context because of the background and your (no offense) shitty pic quality.
    I would try to find a better spot to take your pics so the igents get it. I would check out Barims' pics for reference. He is great example.

12. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Barima is a great example, but not of taking photographs of yourself since he does not do that.

13. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

he is! if you buy from his B&S he will name a spoke in your honor.

14. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Jewfro Dubiously Honored

Well, since you asked, I'll give you feedback - I'm not a fan though. The first thing is that the colors aren't really working. The jacket and trousers are too close too each other, as well as the shirt and the tie. I realize they're actually different colors - jacket looks charcoal, pants navy, while shirt light blue, tie black and white - but the color values are close enough that at the distance of your photo they don't really differentiate. Regarding this tie - if it's the one I think, which is the black and white shepard's check - I have this tie and like it, but I think it almost requires a white shirt. It's also quite a formal pattern, such that I wouldn't wear it with a casual patterned SC like this one. Finally, when I looked at the full length shot I at first thought the jacket was short - I don't think it is, but the bagginess and sagginess of the trousers makes the length of the jacket look off.

15. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I really appreciate it. The trousers are actually mid-gray, the jacket is sort of a brown-green with a subtle blue overcheck, and the tie is navy and white shepherd's check (it's a brand-new fabric for them). That doesn't discount your critique though. I was second guessing this combination all day.

I'm having a terrible time finding a trouser cut that works for me. Like I said in my post, I had high hopes for the Epaulet Rudy cut, but even that is a bit too tight I fear. I don't like the low rise of the BB Milano trousers either. I have some BB Madison gabardines that are way too loose in the legs, but are OK in the seat and thighs. I'm not looking for a super slim fit. Is there another brand or cut that I should try? Once I find something that works I'll buy a few pairs so I can do some better color combinations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.