Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acecow

acecow Senior member

Beautiful shoes. Deets?

Thanks. They are Vass loafers. I was trying to sell them earlier, but, I guess, the price was too high. Ended up stretching them and now they fit just fine:

[​IMG]

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

My subjective WAYWRN summary of what has inspired me this week. If you need me to explain why I like this one, there is something wrong with you. [​IMG] I like the tie and the loud PS. It works for you. [​IMG] Did I ever say I envy your cuff links? [​IMG] Your fits are impeccable, although the colors are usually quite CBD. This time, I'm a fan of both. [​IMG] [​IMG] the shoes. [​IMG] Is it the dialed up saturation or do I actually like this combo? I wouldn't be able to tell without seeing it in real life, but the picture looks good nonetheless. [​IMG] You look like you own that pool and possibly the world, too. [​IMG] Wow! Those colors are out of this world. [​IMG] You never disappoint. [​IMG] Of course, quality photo helps, but this time you've nailed it. High-class without being pretentious. I'm sure I wouldn't be able to pull of a DB jacket like that. [​IMG] There is nothing to say, but [​IMG] [​IMG] Lovely combo spoozy. I really-really like it. Despite all your missteps, you can combine color like very few of us do. [​IMG] I like that jacket and your use of brown. You've inspired me to order a brown striped shirt. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] If sportcoats were women, I would marry this one. [​IMG] Awesome! This color suit is my next goal. [​IMG]
    damn, Acecow, great play-by-play. Thanks!

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

damn, Acecow, great play-by-play. Thanks!

Agreed - Nice wrapup. Thanks for the includes, and Mrs. Spoo thanks you too! [​IMG]

4. Navi

Navi Senior member

I like the tie and the loud PS. It works for you.

Wow, thanks for the include! I never thought this day would come... *sniff*

5. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Thanks. They are Vass loafers. I was trying to sell them earlier, but, I guess, the price was too high. Ended up stretching them and now they fit just fine:

Those are terrific. I rarely wear loafers, just don't like the aesthetic, but those could change my mind.

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

Those are terrific. I rarely wear loafers, just don't like the aesthetic, but those could change my mind.

Exactly my thoughts. This is the only pair I own.

7. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Kiton suit
    NM pocket-square
    Kiton shirt
    Brioni tie
    DY belt
    Brioni socks
    Kiton bluchers
    Michael cologne
    Cartier watch

8. jwmbro

jwmbro Active Member

Decided short notice to crash a friend's graduation party. It was a semi-formal evening event, but I unfortunately do not own a dinner jacket. I do however have a ruffled front tux shirt, black bowtie & black studs & cufflinks, so having learned from SF that in bad light dark blue looks like black, I made do with a blazer, and got as close to black&white as I could.

Didn't think go shoot a proper pic before I go out, so I just grabbed a quick phone self-portrait in a mirror.

[​IMG]
    Not pictured: Black shoes. Would white shoes have gone better with white trou? I don't personally have any white shoes other than sneakers, so they would have been out of the question for me.

I realize this would never fly for a properly formal event, but to put things into perspective, I was the only person even attempting to pull off a bowtie (if not the only person even capable of tying one) - most people were just wearing black suits with black shirts and bright ties (yuck).

Thus concluding my first ever attempt at formal evening wear since my school prom several years ago. I really need to consider investing in a proper dinner jacket once I finish grad school.

PS: I had two people comment on my being "completely in black and white", so the navy = black at nighttime trick really does work.

9. luftvier

luftvier Senior member

While I appreciate the creativity, I'm not a fan. I would have liked this if you'd gone with a standard shirt and bow tie. The tux shirt and studs aren't doing it for me.

10. Psydelik

Psydelik Senior member

[​IMG] Please be gentle as this is as close to MC as I get haha. I'm trying to wear a suit as well as an 18 year old can. Will try to get better pictures up soon [​IMG] PS the puckering is from my arm wrapping around my special lady [​IMG] Suit is Zara, shirt is BB, tie, collar bar, and ps from The Tie Bar, cufflinks (no vis.) are vintage. Thanks gentlemen!

11. tshaw

tshaw Senior member

Lufty - when I had less money in my 'starting out days', I wore a tux shirt/tie with a grey suit - it served me well and was handed a few compliments on my 'togetherness'. [​IMG]

While I appreciate the creativity, I'm not a fan. I would have liked this if you'd gone with a standard shirt and bow tie. The tux shirt and studs aren't doing it for me.

12. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

A last hurrah for today's suit this season - the weather in NYC is FINALLY approaching spring-like temperatures, and this get-up will be too much insulation, as well as too wintry in its aspect.

FWIW, and have at it, fellow posters . . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

14. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

[​IMG]

Now THAT is The Fit of Authority!

15. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Springtime has arrived!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.