• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
:lurk:

TheloniusDrunk

Reaction score
Oh for god's sake, can't someone just ban him already so he doesn't embarrass himself even further.
It's his last attempt to solidify himself as a member of SF lore. It's a final effort to ensure that, when the annals of SF are writ, he has at least a passing mention. His previously ephemeral fame scares him.

Layered Player

Reaction score
Soporific Friday with a new Cappelli slubberific tie and a new Simmonot Godard piped hank.
5cc727f3.jpg

50d14fcc.jpg

In dire need of a chu chine
Once again, spot on!

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Are you serious? You require emoticons to get a joke? Anyway, maybe it's me. Let me go back to my cave.
But before, let me clarify. I really like Victor's outfits, I don't see any collar or any other issues.

this belongs to you...

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Soporific Friday with a new Cappelli slubberific tie and a new Simmonot Godard piped hank.
5cc727f3.jpg

50d14fcc.jpg

In dire need of a chu chine

Ok so to derail from the most recent nonsense in this threak and since Spoo is one of the few here that doesn't get bent out of shape when criticized....

This got a lot of love but as an outfit, it is discordant, incongruent and while great by layman standards, this is a miss. Start from the top:

A worsted wool "sportjacket" (I'm assuming navy). Can't see the pockets but I'm assuming flap. Either way, there is nothing in this that says that it is not an orphan suit jacket. No texture, no interesting weave. Paired with a plain white shirt, the ultimate conservative business dress shirt. Then, add a textured tie that seems to be some sort of blend, which would be better paired with linen/tweed/hopsack etc. The pants, again, no indication that they are not part of a suit, which is not as a big of a sin when it comes to pants, but just very blah when paired with a blah upper half. Then the shoes. I hate the current fad for fugazy antigued, highly polished elongated lasts so I'm going to dislike these shoes in any application but here they just make no sense color wise. In this outifit, you have to go black shoes are very, very dark brown/oxblood. I hope you are not wearing one of those croc belts.

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:confused:
All of Victor's coats have collar fit issues. I don't understand all of the fawning.

I think Victor looks great. The outfit is well put together. The colors, textures, and patterns are nice. The overall shape of the coat is pleasing, particularly for someone with his body. However, Bhowie's comment about the fit issue is not incorrect, and it's clear from the picture above. The collar on this coat sits low and is not hugging his neck. It's more sort of resting on his traps. It's not a huge issue, but it's a noticeable flaw. I'm sure some would call it picking nits, but that's what we often do here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ok so to derail from the most recent nonsense in this threak and since Spoo is one of the few here that doesn't get bent out of shape when criticized....
This got a lot of love but as an outfit, it is discordant, incongruent and while great by layman standards, this is a miss. Start from the top:
A worsted wool "sportjacket" (I'm assuming navy). Can't see the pockets but I'm assuming flap. Either way, there is nothing in this that says that it is not an orphan suit jacket. No texture, no interesting weave. Paired with a plain white shirt, the ultimate conservative business dress shirt. Then, add a textured tie that seems to be some sort of blend, which would be better paired with linen/tweed/hopsack etc. The pants, again, no indication that they are not part of a suit, which is not as a big of a sin when it comes to pants, but just very blah when paired with a blah upper half. Then the shoes. I hate the current fad for fugazy antigued, highly polished elongated lasts so I'm going to dislike these shoes in any application but here they just make no sense color wise. In this outifit, you have to go black shoes are very, very dark brown/oxblood. I hope you are not wearing one of those croc belts.

:cheers:

Ed, I appreciate the commentary, but perhaps the edmorel school of photography (in two different light sources) failed to properly display the fact that this is a suit, not a SC/pant combo. Had it been though, your points would have totally been valid.

You are right about the shoes in this context though, shoulda been black.

Thank you for taking the time to make a detailed critique though.

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Am I too late to have the last word on pleats?

F&%K all the dogmatic BS about pleats.. these look great.

I'm Sir F now leaving SF. Emptym will now bann all accounts. Was good while it lasted, not everything was a lie but most of the outfits for a better respond and get a good start at SF, no point that it.
It was fun beeing here, cheers.

wtf? I thought Snoogs was Sir F?

The Cold War's not really over. Russia has invaded southern Ossetia, poisoned the Ukrainian president, and assassinated the Polish president and 100 Polish politicians, and murdered international journalists and spies - all in the last 4 years or so. **** Victor and his collar gap.

this is true...
Oh and of course they're supplying Syria and Iran with weapons right now.

unfortunately true as well...

Ed, I appreciate the commentary, but perhaps the edmorel school of photography (in two different light sources) failed to properly display the fact that this is a suit, not a SC/pant combo. Had it been though, your points would have totally been valid.

Spoo you are much too polite.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Holy Moly those are bad pics if that's a suit !!! Anyway, black shoes would be better and that pocket square is a bit weak sauce but I stopped wearing squares so take that for what it's worth.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Holy Moly those are bad pics if that's a suit !!! Anyway, black shoes would be better and that pocket square is a bit weak sauce but I stopped wearing squares so take that for what it's worth.

You should start making pocket squares. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads