• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nah man......Just didn't see the beard.....I don't roll like that ^^^.

didnt think u did. twas a joak. ;)

stitches a ginger boi?

just teh beard. its really a multitude of red black brown and blond, but it comes off as red.

my hair, or whats left of it, is light brown. (and graying :( )

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

didnt think u did. twas a joak. ;)

I know....you are a funny MOFO so seeing an "outline" of you in "work" clothing(a full shot) didn't match up IMO....

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know....you are a funny MOFO so seeing an "outline" of you in "work" clothing(a full shot) didn't match up IMO....

:cheers: glad to enlighten. :)

cronicmole

Reaction score
Spoo- you have all the clothes, all the knowledge..yet.. something is always missing. I don't understand. No shots.

Randy

Reaction score
BFBFB, you trendy man you.
Check this out:
http://blog.naver.com/bntailor?Redirect=Log&logNo=40108779104&from=postView
Just click on suits and look through. Most of this guy's pants are trendy, pleated, slim, trendy, clean, and trendy.

New member, serious question. I'm noticing more than a few negative references to pleated pants... Am I correct in understanding that pleated pants should no longer be worn? Forgive the Luddite in me, but, no, I haven't been keeping up with this stuff, and clearly at my peril. Been buried in work, family, life, etc. But I am interested. If pleats are now to trousers what "groovy" has become to routine conversation, then I want to know. Unfortunately, given what I'll need to replace, this will be an expensive proposition for me if true. Anyway, anyone's comments in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Randy

Last edited:

catside

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

New member, serious question. I'm noticing more than a few negative references to pleated pants... Am I correct in understanding that pleated pants should no longer be worn? Forgive the luddite in me, but, no, I haven't been keeping up with this stuff, and clearly at my peril. Been buried in work, family, life, etc. But I am interested. If pleats are now to trousers what "groovy" has become to routine conversation, then I want to know. Unfortunately, given what I'll need to replace, this will be an expensive proposition for me if true. Anyway, anyone's comments in this regard would be very much appreciated.

Randy

An overstatement, perhaps. They are generally not favored in this particular forum. Taste is yours, though.

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An overstatement, perhaps. They are generally not favored in this particular forum. Taste is yours, though.

Noobs hate them because their tastes conform to the recent trend toward flat front pants, which is undeniable. Folks who stick around learn to appreciate them in a variety of circumstances. A select few (chief among them, me) wear them both with aplomb.

Last edited:

southernstyle

Reaction score
Most people that wear pleats don't have them made properly thus adding a visual 15 to 20 lbs. to their hips. If you're a smaller guy like myself (5' 6" - 145 lbs) there is really zero reason to wear pleats.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads