• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Didn't have time to post yesterday..
8ecd0bc5.jpg

35fb136c.jpg

3033ad4a.jpg

Two things: 1) Damn you! I really like this look, great job. 2) Your budget for clothes must be HUGE!

I don't like much about that tie....maybe with seersucker or khakis, but I sorta actively dislike it. With the pinstripe and a white shirt, u might consider a sky blue tie (looks nice but somewhat boring) or maybe a striped shirt and solid tie?
Thank for the reply. I will consider a striped shirt. I always thought striped and pin-stripe don't work. I would appreciate any other feedback.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
shabbos is over, im back ya'll!

Better--but the jacket is still too long IMO; it makes it looks like your legs are shorter than your body. I think you should be able, to grab the bottom of the jacket without excess material. Tie is nicer, and PS is nice addition. Trousers look a little baggy, and don't give me the 'I'm large' ****--objection!
(Let me guess: There is a Smart Car parked between those two cars? :p)

thanks, as to the jacket length, my 8 year old daughter takes the pic, and since she is significantly shorter than me, i think the camera angle makes the jacket look longer than it does irl. maybe.

lol, there is not. but there may be a person stuck in beteween.

That's pretty nice, Stitches. Plus, I think you've got me beat in the beard sweepstakes.

thanks man, i just may. but i think i trim tomorrow, might leave a thin beard on the cheeks and a real thick goatee for fun.

Stitches: 1
JapanAlex: 0
:slayer:

:) :fistbump:

Stiches - I ran out of room in the comment form, so will reply here instead. This isn't a bad look, but it could be refined quite easily into something great. It needs a little bit of finessing. The colours are fine, though I'd personally prefer a pattern to the tie and a pale-coloured shirt (in any complementary shade) rather than white. The white feels a bit cold/stark to me here, especially against the fuzzy jacket and tie. I also don't really like the shirt collar; it looks quite rigid and flat and possibly a little low. The tie could have a bit more expression too; it seems to lie flat like the shirt, making the combination unnecessarily lifeless. The square looks a bit blocky and regimental; tucked in a touch more would be an improvement, but a puffed silk square would feel warmer against that soft jacket. The jacket itself is nice. Could it be a little shorter? Probably, but it's difficult to really tell with this photo angle and I don't mind a slightly longer jacket anyway.

Beard is undeniably awesome!

thanks for taking the time to write that HF, much appreciated. a lot of great ideas in there. just a few things, the tie is actually a herringbone pattern, maybe you meant a neat pattern or something, but its not solid in color, maybe the pic didnt pic that up.

you could be right on the white, but im pretty much a white shirt only guy, when i wear a tie. i like it, for better or for worse.

the shirt collar is horrible :( buts its all i had in white that was clean.

how to get more "expression" in the tie? thanks for the PS advise, im just starting to use them.

glad you liek the beard :slayer:

lolsure ;)

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ ya looks nice! :nodding: what shoes?

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks--as to the jacket length, my 8-year-old daughter takes the pics, and since she is significantly shorter than me, I think the camera angle makes the jacket look longer, than it does IRL, maybe.

LOL, there is not. But, there may be a person stuck in between.

Yeah, that makes sense; sorry, if I sounded like a jerk--like someone pointed out.

I hoped you killed that ******, too, and collected 50 points! :p

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I already gave you a thumbs-up, but this has to be said!

Great, great, great! :D I wish the shirt cuff was slightly shorter--at least, on your left sleeve (relative to you)--and you had a PS (one of colour, methinks, as it would add to the monochrome--or would it be better, to keep it all shaded?). Shoes are great; trouser length/width is great (I think cuffs with double monks is de sex!)! :) Keep 'em coming!

Last edited:

ianGP

Reaction score
Hellow Sunday!

X-poasted
5-20-12002.jpg

5-20-12005.jpg

Kiton
Borrelli
Levi's
Magnanni
TF
RLPL
Yachtmaster

oh and I smell like Creed Imperial ;)

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sir F = Sir Baller

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really dislike that tie, dm, but that's a matter of taste, of course. More objectively, your shirt collar is too loose and I think you'd look better in one that's a little taller and with a slightly wider spread. The jacket appears to fit poorly and has an especially high buttoning point, leaving way too much shirt and tie showing below the button and above your belt. Looks like you took these shots from a very low angle, though, which may be exaggerating the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics