1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisticuffs

fisticuffs New Member

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

great

Quoted for awesomeness of first poast. [​IMG]

3. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

Interview today - hence no PS.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Obligatory bathroom pic below - note not tight at the waist, so button pulling is just movement. Pants may need more tapering.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. artoftime

artoftime Senior member

Funkiness going on in this first pic - everything looks wrinkly and lopsided. I hope the wrinkling is only because I've been sitting at a desk all day, typing.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's seriously working, Lufty - [​IMG]

5. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Definitely CBD-worthy. Lovely knot and shirt collar. If you don't mind my asking, who made the tie, and who made da chooze?

6. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Couple of recent shots.

[​IMG]

this is really nice Greg. who makes the s/c? I do agree with CG that the cut of the (linen?) houndstooth is not very flattering.

Funkiness going on in this first pic - everything looks wrinkly and lopsided. I hope the wrinkling is only because I've been sitting at a desk all day, typing.
    [​IMG]

nice subtle pattern on the suit L. well played.

thats a really nice interview fit. good luck and hope you land it.

i like the pink shirt/tie/ps combo Orgetorix. The suit provides a great backdrop for it.

great vibe in the photo Aeglus.

- Better?

G - is the balance on the coat off a bit. it almost feels like it is dropping off you, especially if you follow the lines in the windowpane around the middle.

[​IMG]

Sunday, five in the morning, after a significant quantity of cheep red wine.
    -TTO

TTO - you have more style than is permissible to one human being. you consistently ROCK your clothes and not vice versa - something very few people on here do well.

Teach em how to Dougie.
    [​IMG]
    Tie by the fabulous gshen!

- this is very nice Spoo
    - didn't even know gshen made ties now? thats very nice and you rocked it right!!

[​IMG]

great photo Mossrocks ... what camera do you use?

Two comments, and then my posting of Monday will, I hope, fade into oblivion.

Nii, I think that you misunderstood my comments. I was fully expecting to take flak for what I was wearing, but not for the fact that I anticipated taking flak. The jacket I was wearing is a bit boxy on me (even though it is my current size, at least at BB), and boxy is going to be a part of my life for a while, as I am down 10 pounds since the first of the year. The trousers were black gabardine, and I know that black anything around here gets no love, but I liked what I was wearing, and hence posted it. Had you disliked my attire, you're perfectly within your rights to lambaste it as non-SF approved attire (or whatever), but I wasn't expecting to be lambasted for anticipating flak, and I'm not so masochistic as to post photos of my attire than I actually don't like.

Now, as for ianiceman, I have a theory as to why he doesn't post photos.

"He" is actually a woman.

Her name is Darlene

She is fat.

Her hair is frosted.

She has an unfortunate predilection for lime green polyester capri pants.

She lives in a trailer park near an interstate.

She spends her evenings sucking on Marlboros in the living room of her mobile home.

Now, Ianiceman can at any time disprove my theory by posting photos, but, for every day that he does not, the Theory of Darlene gains credence. If "he" should go off on someone, we can assume that Darlene ran out of cigarette money, or that the traffic from the interstate kept her up the night before, or that she burned a hole in her favorite pair of capri pants.

But, as Ianiceman said, it's just posting on an Internet forum, and, of course, it's only a theory.

- i see where you are coming from U_C.
    - [​IMG] [​IMG] @ Darlene. shots fired!!!! someone please call 911

this is just terrible. i cant believe no one has said anything negative about this yet.

nii, dont you think UC is better than this because knows he is making mistakes as opposed to spoozy who actually thinks this is a good looking outfit? i much rather prefer a poster who knows he is doing something wrong as opposed to a delusional one. also if you feel that we need to be "more selective" in what is posted in here, then we should start calling out posts like this.

also for what its worth UC, i dont think you should stop posting at all. it was one miss and everyone messes up once in a while.

Spoozy and i have had numerous conversations vis a vis his style. No need to harp on points i have made a billion times, which is why i said nothing. To his credit, he has made significant advances in the right direction, but i think every now and then (like yesterday), the old Spoozy breaks lose ... lol.

Cold enough for one more panta cashmere outing before storage time.

your coats always fit really well N ... you don't get enough credit for that usually.

7. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

Training Day ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. gregaz

gregaz Senior member

G- you're one of the few that I can safely say almost always choose a great fit, color combos etc. However, the brown number/combo me no likey. Pants look too trim for the cloth, don't like how the chest is built up, shirt too stark, and really don't like that bow, especially the contrast dark/light.

this is really nice Greg. who makes the s/c? I do agree with CG that the cut of the (linen?) houndstooth is not very flattering.

Thanks, dudes ... I actually thought the houndstooth jacket fit me pretty well. Guess it's good that it's for http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=244398. My concern when I wore it was that the pants and the jacket are too close in tone - but they really are not up close.

Nii - The other SC is Isaia.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Sharp!

9. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Training Day ...​

Like that a lot, nii. Hard to tell.... hope those are brown shoes! [​IMG]
    Sharp!
    +1 Sotiris looking good. You too, G. TTO is the man.​

10. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

Training Day ...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nii are you training folks to tie their shoes???

11. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

ps I am diggin the rig

12. Mr.K

Mr.K Senior member

Another Beautiful Day In The South

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Cheers, and true collar commebt.
    Awesome getup.
    I should have spelled it with an "y"...
    Sound prediction [​IMG]
    :d
    That one made me laugh hard. Great job, crusty.
    [​IMG]
    Meh...why didn't you adress your critic directly on me?...anyway, glad you liked it.
    This...
    ...and that...
    ...and because i am SPOOZYLLA [​IMG]
    Trou seem to be very snugg on the second suit. Still very well done, as expected.
    Truer words have been seldomly spoken...it was posted just to let you guys know that my vicious twin still lurks around. Amd now back onto the path of light: [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. TTO

TTO Senior member

Awesome, Theo. I bet the next day sucked though. [​IMG]
    Mike

Thanks Mike, really should have been worse, but I was up and at the cafe having a monumental fried breakfast before the pain could kick in!

This is great, TTO. Love the whole thing. What shoes are you wearing? Suede oxfords? boots?

You look pretty good for drinking cheep red wine until the wee hours. My tie would be in my pocket and I'd probably be missing a shoe.

Thanks Parker, the shoes are suede captoe oxfords, looking at the picture I have no idea where my bag is...it's just as well I kept my tie on or that would be missing too?

TTO - you have more style than is permissible to one human being. you consistently ROCK your clothes and not vice versa - something very few people on here do well.
    Nii, I'm not sure what to say, thank you very much![​IMG]

15. Navi

Navi Senior member

Nii are you training folks to tie their shoes???

and if so I hope you'll be giving the CBD thread a seminar!

16. Sotiris

Sotiris Senior member

thats a really nice interview fit. good luck and hope you land it.
    Sharp!
    +1 Sotiris looking good.

Definitely CBD-worthy. Lovely knot and shirt collar. If you don't mind my asking, who made the tie, and who made da chooze?

Thanks guys!

Tie is a Borrelli 7 fold
    Chooze = EG Chelsea

17. w.o.e.is.me.

w.o.e.is.me. Senior member

18. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Woe, that is my favorite from you thus far. Very good. Perhaps the pants can be a little less constricting?

19. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Following that fit is not easy, so here's today's 'fit' [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. UpperWestie

UpperWestie Senior member

noice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.