• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

upr! You dont dare to go pink socks 
bigstar%5B1%5D.gif
?

My reputation in these parts is checkered enough without the burden of pink socks, thank you :satisfied:.

Buffalonian

Reaction score
While Singapore recently, I had a suit made. Unfortunately, the recommended tailor did not show up for the meeting we had arranged and, on a whim, I decided to just try the one in the same mall, Lucky Plaza. The pants fit brilliantly. Indeed, as well as any pants I have ever owned.

The jacket however is a mess. I only had a few days and consequently didn't get the third fitting that presumably would have fixed this jacket. I am going to bring it to a tailor here in the States and see if it can be fixed. However, I'd like the list's suggestions re what I should be asking the tailor to do it.

I attach my (failed) experiment in low-end bespoke suit purchasing. Any help people might offer to help salvage this would be appreciated.

I should say that I am a big guy (6'3", 48L) if that helps with the suggestions.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ETA: re: the comments about the tie (+/- shirt) not working with the suit in my last fit. Interesting, but I don't personally agree. I like a grey tie with that suit, and a knit sort of goes with its casualness. Ideally, a couple of shades darker grey would haven been better though, that's true enough.

I think if you're going so retro with the suit, shoes, sunglasses (and to some extent square), you need an equally retro tie to balance it out. That tie looks a bit to 00s for the rest of it.

New charcoal flannel trousers (MTM Ede & Ravenscroft) and blue OCBD (bespoke R&S). When I ordered the trousers, I didn't think I'd get to wear them until next winter, but the silver lining of it being so wet and cold at the moment is that I get to wear them now. There's a pair of same-fitting blue/grey donegal trousers just getting finished too. I fear/hope the weather will stay bad enough for me to get one or two wears out of them on arrival too!

Last edited:

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

black_umbrella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excuse the sunrise affecting the photos, we actually have a nice day here for once. Hot and muggy today, busting out the wool/silk SC again. Experimented a bit with the shirt (ice pink if it doesn't show) and tie. Have a good friday folks. Feedback appreciated as this sc is new and I would love suggestions on how to use (or not use) it! Spoiler has detail.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not feeling the pants/SC combo here, the pants seem too "rough" to pair with that SC. Maybe a finer cotton twill or a light wool would have been better.
or maybe it's just the pic.

no your are right, they are a more winter incotex chino. I would like to get a lighter cotton twill/canvas/linen pant to go with jackets like this but I have not made many summer purchases. Making do but I see your point. Would you suggest tan wool or a cream grey/stone color? thanks for the help.

Willin

Reaction score

tumblr_m3i6t64lyA1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3i6wp6luJ1qapbr2o2_500.jpg

tumblr_m3i6wp6luJ1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

Looks nice but for whenever you take a picture of this suit with the button undone it looks like the lapels go all the way to the floor. I think it's the angle at which that picture is taken which creates the illusion.

Also - I think you should invest in some suits other than blue, haha.

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
blue suit and monks... who could have seen that one coming
tongue.gif

nice outfit nevertheless.
Lol, it's not fun anymore. I dont even see if he is posting something new anymore (oh a braclet)

clapeyron

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Lol, it's not fun anymore. I dont even see if he is posting something new anymore (oh a braclet)

I think it's fun
biggrin.gif

37 down, only 4194267 shades of blue left.

==========

I don't know if I'm too late for the party since this got posted 4 internet years ago, but am I alone in thinking this would be a better 6 button DB?

Weather over here is cold & damp too. I keep telling myself the rain is good for gardens, but...

Not pictured, the much needed trenchcoat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads