• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
Drakes in general has narrowed a bit though in reality, this one doesn't strike me as narrow the way it lays.

No, it doesn't look narrow on you. For me I think 8-9 cm is best (wide shoulders).

mrjames

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Because it looks like a magazine shoot to me.
ha, thanks well I do a bit of modelling and i'm a pro photographer, so i'm glad I could make the hallway outside my flat look so professional aha

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pushing the boundaries of conservative business dress today.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butler
Springtime in Aix en Provence

Dude, you always look like you're enjoying life. I appreciate that. Nice outfit too.

Originally Posted by Alexander
I like the shoes, details?

I would like to see them closer
smile.gif

Same shoes I'm wearing today, Ferragamo Tramezza tan penny loafers. I think the model name is Denis, but it's been years since I bought them so I'm not certain. I've stopped taking regular close-ups of shoes for my WAYWRN pics. This is a deliberate choice on my part, as I think this gives a more realistic overall impression of the outfit not to over-focus on shoes the way we sometimes do on here.

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
A little fun in the sun today.

It never gets old.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by TTO
...New Suit, thanks whusurdadi
Thinking of wearing this to my best friend Privateview/my birthday tomorrow night, any ideas for shirt/tie combo's ?
-TTO

I love the suit. The current combo is fine, but I feel the tie is a little dark. I'd prefer it with creams, beiges, white and other browns. Paler blues are fine too. You could try greys and blacks with it too for a different look.

Originally Posted by mrjames
first post here, be gentle

The photo is very nicely done. As for the outfit, the overall effect is certainly striking, and I suspect, creates the look you want from it. Not to everyone's taste, but I think it's good. The jacket looks a little loose around the collar. Regarding your query about the slimness for the trousers vs the shortness of the leg, I'm afraid that it's a fairly unavoidable trade-off that the narrower the opening, the less break they can take. A slanting hem helps mitigate this to some degree but the underlying trade-off is still there unless you're willing to put up with stacking. The other option I can think of: remember those drainpipe-styled trousers from the 60s with really heavy taper, that came with an L-shaped hem, like an old-fashioned military uniform? If you don't mind the look of that finish, that can avoid the problem. It's a very stylised look though, and I don't think it meshes with the rest of your style.

New summer trousers today. They're hemmed slightly longer than usual with a full break, partly for a more casual look, but also because the last pair of these I got from this maker (Loro Piana) shrunk about a quarter inch in length after a few cleanings, so I wanted to account for that rather than go too short initially.

OM6IR.jpg

ctp120

Reaction score
Ho hum today . . .
DSC_0865.jpg
Bad pic too; I'm a certifiably lousy photographer. Shirt is actually a lavender micro-gingham. Cranked up definition and sharpness to try to get it to show, but all it did was make the pic look worse. Old detail shot of shirt and blazer:
DSC_0847.jpg

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TTO

New Suit, thanks whusurdadi
Thinking of wearing this to my best friend Privateview/my birthday tomorrow night, any ideas for shirt/tie combo's ?
-TTO

Um, WOW! That is one traffic-stopping suit!
worship.gif

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Poor light this morning as I was up and out pretty early.

Have a good one,

Mike

ColdSnap1.JPG

ColdSnap2.JPG

Not sure MB...I don't know if the heavy texture of the tie works with the heavy texture of the jacket. But thank you for not looking angry/ constipated today.
blush.gif

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closeup-92.jpg

Leaning-37.jpg
Feet-40.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Nice jacket. What do you usually request for shoulder wise on your suits? Small rope?

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Nice jacket. What do you usually request for shoulder wise on your suits? Small rope?

He calls it a bevelled shoulder, though sometimes I'll ask for the waterfall. Frank thinks the bevelled looks best on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads