1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CousinDonuts

CousinDonuts Senior member

Not to be too douche-y, but did you set up a "proper" dining background....in the basement of a 1970s style ranch home?

The shirt-tie-suit is fine but my eye is drawn to this turquoise pocket square, and not in a good way.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Epaulet Walt trousers: grape herringbone (Wish I could capture the true color on film.)

not-so-slim-fit Brooks Bros shirt and tie

Ferragamo belt and shoes

10 people like this.
  3. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

But, yo, where's the damned toilet paper - you can never find it when you need it!!!! :D

4 people like this.
  4. Sebastian

Sebastian Senior member

Actually the comment is rather "douchey".

Anyway, the picture is a bad representation of my flat, which is actually very modern, open and bright... lots of wood though.
    But of course the ceiling is not that low, as it seems to be on the picture. It is just on that specific spot (as the flat ranges over two floors and there partly is an intermediate ceiling),

1 person likes this.
  5. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Samuelsohn, BB, Robert Talbott, Peal

23 people like this.
  6. mimo

mimo Senior member

It's actually a very light blue. And also, I don't have a huge "Hellboy"-like club of a left hand, or a vaguely conical shape. Photos, eh?

There's a colour a few shades darker in the tie that it picks up. Almost went with the white PS but too boring and cold with the shirt and tie. Anyway, maybe you're right, don't know, but thanks for commenting. [​IMG]

7. Snoogz

Snoogz Senior member

I'd be more concerned about that external plumbing system u have there...:nodding:

8. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Hey, that's personal, asking about a guy's external plumbing :embar: - oh, but you mean the exposed pipes? Dunno - you'd have to ask the Big A, it's his flight of Photoshop fancy . . .

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

10. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

NYR Love the coat.
    I think your pants could stand to be a half in shorter.

11. Stilig

Stilig Well-Known Member

What I wore this saturday. Fantastic weather for this time of year and this part of the world.

[​IMG]

Jacket - Oscar Jacobson
    Shirt - Tintoria Mattei 954
    Wool knit tie - Oscar Jacobson
    Pochette - Morris Heritage
    Trousers - Morris by Jacob Cohen

My posture looks terrible here, so let's have that over with: today's youth, back in my days etc etc.

4 people like this.
  12. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

normally speaking i would hate a DB with patch pockets, but rock on mayne :slayer:

looks pretty sweet

1 person likes this.
  13. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Thanks, i always find that balance tough, I'd rather it be a bit longer than too short. Pics were also taken after a long day, so perhaps they were sliding and sagging a bit...

14. Jeff M

Jeff M Active Member

Just got home from work, this is what I went with today. Not as nice as many others I have seen on here, but it works for me. I'm a golfer so I have dozens of nice golf polos that I try and incorporate into my daily wardrobe.

[]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
    2 people like this.
  15. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Jeff usually I would not give comments like this but please throw away those shoes as far as you can.

2 people like this.
  16. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23 people like this.
  17. IrateCustomer

IrateCustomer Senior member

Spoo, I miss your more colorful fits. Not from way back when, but more like the stage between old Spoo and the new Spoo.

18. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Long time lurker...:hide: Working my way to Spoo status. Suggestions for a pocket square?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Thank you, though Mondays are certainly no cause for a jovial mood reflected in a sartorial palette, at least not in my book.

20. Jeff M

Jeff M Active Member

Well clearly we don't share the same taste in shoes, but thanks for the comment anyway. I'm shopping around on ebay for a nice pair of AE shoes though. If you don't mind me asking, what do you find so atrocious about my shoes?

I've only spent a short amount of time here and so far only a couple other members have made me feel at all welcome; mostly I have felt that people do not want me here. If there is something I have done to upset people please tell me, and I will refrain from posting anything to cause a problem. If it is simply my style you have an issue with, that's fine, you are entitled to your opinion and we will agree to disagree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.