1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Im glad you didnt feel awkward. :) But, I still maintain that this suit is not right for you. Oxxford (ive had a few suits from them, and some very sage advice from Vox) is probably not the right cut for you. Its fine if you arent into the slim thing, but an 8" pant on a size 9 shoe, is pretty much what I do every day. I dont look like I have clown feet. You're 24, youre skinny, and have an interest in dressing. Im going to be totally honest and tell you that this suit, no matter how nice it may be, is 100% wrong for you, IMO. Its not the cut or maker for you. Does it look passable off the inter webs? Surely. But if you want to grow and develop within your own skin, you shouldnt do it in someone elses (wide leg) suit.

2. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I may be wrong but I'm afraid that I'd have to respectfully disagree with you Spoo. Nonetheless I do appreciate your feedback though. There are too many people in this world, it is nearly impossible for me to dress to make all of them happy. I am content in all aspect and to me that is important at most. Thank you again Spoo.

3. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

needs chelsea boots and jarvis cocker glasses for the labelking look...

4. tobiasj

tobiasj Senior member

When did this thread get so fkin NICE? :D

5. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Success at the fashion party.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

when j, told people, that if they continued to behave like gutter-dwelling-dickweeds, they would be timed out. thats when. :)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  7. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

+1, SF needs a like button

8. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

next time you want to share your approval of an outfit from 2011 with us, simply use the thumbs up (or like) button right left to the reply button.

welcome to styleforum.

1 person likes this.
  9. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

Best part of the entire outfit is the hair. I want my hair like that. Can you post pics of it somewhere or somthing?

10. PaaPanf

PaaPanf Active Member

More vintage?

More awesome!

1 person likes this.
  11. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Well he certainly knows a thing or two (probably more than I do) but I don't like his style nor taste. Way too big tie knots, white shirt mixed with solid ties in any colour, and clip-on suspenders... not my cup of tea.

12. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

wait, what?

13. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

I don't even think the suit fits bad, an American trad suit should fit like this.
    I am more interested about your college/university, do you dress CBD everyday?
    I guess I need to step my game up.

14. Pingson

Pingson Senior member

Chilly this morning and that calls for another three-piece suit.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I blame the lack of PS on the fact that was woozy after having woken up at 4.30 this morning and then having to suffer through the last two quarters of the debacle on MNF. :brick:

7 people like this.
  15. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

it's not just that you wore a belt with a vest, no you tucked your vest in...
    Quote: of course, the reason being that you clearly were the best dressed person and not because of the novelty [​IMG]

16. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

Suit looks fine. You will want to wear darker socks though. White (?) or beige socks should not be paired with a blue suit.

17. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

With you and EVF posting we have an excellent representation from Sweden. Good to have you posting regularly.

18. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Short shirt sleeves with oversized double cuffs are messing with jacket sleeves. Need to order Tyrwhitt shirts with half an inch extra length and barrel cuffs from now on... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This jacket has been shortened and taken in at the shoulders. Still a bit tight at the hips, but I'm working on that [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  19. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hey, Im just one random dude on the internet. You're happy, carry on and thats all that counts. :fistbump:

20. TTO

TTO Senior member

[​IMG]
    I know the tweed looks a little long/big, but its part of a 52 year old savile row bespoke three-piece and I am struggling to justify messing with it to much.
    buttoned it doesn't seem too big, just a hair long, and I'd rather too long than short.
    [​IMG]
    Here it is last time I wore it as a three-piece.
    -TTO

10 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.