HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Very nice man, need to get me one of those. Is it normal that purple label have that on their suits? Never owned one, so sorry for the silly question [​IMG]

2. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

Noted for next time ;)

Yeah...not sure either. Still playing the proportion game. Once I figure out where my finances are for later in the year, I'll get together with Chan

It's the first one I've seen - so I took it :)

3. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

And good you did, because it's a very nice suit. ian, you like f1? thinking about your picture.

4. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

Big fan!

Been wanting to go to the Monaco and Spa-Francorchamps events but something always comes up ..... and now that I am able to - the Monaco GP at the end of May is somewhere north of £1,900 for weekend VIP passes (only way to do it!)

Not to mention flight+hotel :fu::fu::fu:

That's not happening...that's dipping into my G&G funds :D

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012

5. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Well well you have a bigger fan here! You are right it's is darn expensive. Ive seen f1 in both Hong Kong and Abu Dhabi (best days of my life)
    If you like to know anything just pm :)

6. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

haha, it was a really nice house actually! Done up with a vintage feel, very well decorated. The photos do not do it justice (it was a houseparty)

Also thank you for your thumbs up and comments:

ianGP
    IST66
    clarinetplayer

I get bored just having 3 suits and i was trying to find a way to make that pocket square work (any suggestions), I'll post back with something I prefer tomorrow. Thanks for the comments about the suit, it was a vintage eBay buy, spent about as much on tailoring as I did on buying the thing haha but it was totally worth it.

Cheers Nick

7. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Some good looks today guys. wish the weather would change fully in my part of the country so I could use some of my new summer items.

BTW TB, fwiw, here is the contrast between the jacket and pants

[​IMG]

8. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

I'm not really feeling this, I just cannot get my head around the very formal looking jacket with a more casual get up. Personally I would stay away from 3 button sports coats/jackets as I think they are very hard to pull off. I also think that the trousers and the jacket contrast too much, but on their own paired with something else the trousers would look great! Cheers Nick

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Cheers mate, welcome back.

Today, grey skies means a grey suit. One of my slimmer suits and I definitely notice the extra 3kg I've put on in the last 2 months after being sick.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Suit: Herringbone Grey POW
    Shirt: Cottonwork blue dobby
    Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear Navy stripe un-lined 7 fold
    Shoes: Loake 1880 Brown Blackfriars

10. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

Cw, as always, you look impeccably well put together!

11. Sonny58

Sonny58 Senior member

As always I appreciate constructive criticism...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Uunottaja

Uunottaja Senior member

Thank you all for your feedback, CW, MoL and Holdfast. Very kind for the first post here :) This is actually pretty much how I've dressed for already for a longer time, be it SF (I'm not here that much though, as you can see from my post count) influence or just personal preferance. The context does matter though, and thanks :nodding:

Then some feedback:

gnatty8: I like this a lot. Then again, your style is definitely one of my favourites here.

wannabe: As others said, a bit too tight in the middle. I would also use a wider tie with those lapels. Or a different suit with narrower lapels with that tie. Now it looks imbalanced.

upr_crust: All works. Good.

Spoo: Perfect, as always. I want both the tie and the ps.

black_umbrella: The jacket seems to fit well from the other side and not so well from the other. A lighter ps might work better too. Details, but in general this looks good. Well done.

Daskarn: I like these a lot. Couldn't improve really. A shorter jacket might benefit you though, but I suppose that's just my preferance. Good!

Nelton: Unfortunately the tie + ps do not work together, and the jacket's sleeves are too long and shoulders a tad wide. Also more neutral socks might work better with a pin stripe like this. :)

AndroFan: Your jacket needs to be pressed to a 3/2 roll, or you can't wear it like this. Now the roll is far from beautiful, unfortunately. Also the sleeves look a bit long, but that could be the angle. I like the pants though. Where are they from?

IanGP: I like your style in general. I find this average comparing to your other postings. All works, but I would change the tie (into a more interesting one) and get the back blade in check. Still very good.

Charlie's Wardrobe: I love pretty much all your combinations. The colors, textures and materials always seem to work. Why no ps in the latter one though? I could see a white tv fold working there.

Sonny: I like this. The shoes look amazing, even though they are not really my style. Can't be improved!

13. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Love it - deets please

14. Anden

Anden Senior member

I see what you mean. It is probably due to the angle of the camera... I am a UK9 so my feet are quite normal in size :)

A

15. Broder

Broder Well-Known Member

This is pretty much perfect if you ask me. As single pieces of clothing they are all pretty bold but together they harmonize very well. The one thing I would change would be to rotate the pocket square to let more of the blue show instead of letting the red get too much of the focus. Well done!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.