1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

The circus came to town today, and all the elephants and horses paraded through downtown on their way from the train to the arena.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ctp120

ctp120 Well-Known Member

Another outfit using the same SC from a few days ago. Cross-posted from CBD thread.

[​IMG]

3. acridsheep

acridsheep Well-Known Member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    ^ Got a new (bigger) lady?

4. Kappelan

Kappelan Well-Known Member

Another outfit using the same SC from a few days ago. Cross-posted from CBD thread.

Details about watch please

5. Kappelan

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. ctp120

ctp120 Well-Known Member

Details about watch please

Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Grande on dk brn crocodile strap by Hermes.

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Well-Known Member

Is that the new suit? Congrats if it is. Nice fit.

Yessir, Thanks!

oh, I like a lot. New suit? Tie is cool, too, though the paisley police will probably complain.

I wonder if a slightly narrower spread on your shirt collars would suit you better.

Thanks, and I think I agree re: the collars, especially when my head is shaved (for some reason)

What's happened to your pics?

From what I can tell, I like... but I can't tell much!

Work has been driving me nuts (to the point of seriously considering a career chnge) so time is limited, don't ask the Mrs to do pics anymore, so they're all self snaps from my iPhone, and uploaded after taking (usually much earlier in the day). Thanks!

nice flooring, this is a very cool vantage point. oh yeah the clothers are nice too

You can see where the old desks were bolted to the floors. My classroom is over a hundred and twenty years old. Thats some old wood.

Looks nice Rob.

Thanks NDW

+1 i missed Rob's fit. nice tie. is that a black panta cashmere?

Cheers Nii, its actually a very dark brown John Varvatos. Silk.

Great look Aeglus. Wish I could pull off the Morrissey, but my hair's a bit thick.

NYR - nice sportcoat.

FU very much UC[​IMG]

And thanks.[​IMG]

8. Kappelan

Parmigiani Fleurier Kalpa Grande on dk brn crocodile strap by Hermes.

Well I was right [​IMG] C'est magnifique! [​IMG]

9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Well-Known Member

The circus came to town today, and all the elephants and horses paraded through downtown on their way from the train to the arena.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elephants! This has to be a Forum "first"! I like the pairing of your tie with this shirt.

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

Elephants! This has to be a Forum "first"! I like the pairing of your tie with this shirt.

Hey, who you callin'...oh, right. [​IMG]

11. spoozy

spoozy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cheers, Navi!
    I won´t be able to post on friday, as i´m travelling to Dublin. I could post a permanent link, would that help? If not, so be it.
    Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know? [​IMG]
    Sharp!
    Nice tie / sc combo!
    Great.
    Sharp in very low-fy version, but really diggin´ it! Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures [​IMG] Won´t be able to post until Tuesday, hope ya havin a good time (i´ll have that in Dublin!): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

13. niidawg3

niidawg3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

another nice fit from you Spoozy - there is color and yet its harmonious.

see - its not impossible to do you, yet do it right.

[​IMG]

14. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

RLP bomber
    Brioni sweater
    Earl jeans
    Prada belt
    Armani socks
    Varvatos bluchers
    Burberry cologne
    Omega watch

15. upr_crust

upr_crust Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Is that the Giardini Pubblici? You're making me nostalgic for Venezia, if so - I was there last month, and my hotel was in Sant Elena, so the gardens were a familiar sight.

Feelin fine n dandy.
    [​IMG]

Oh, Spoo-meister, the suit is awesome, but, as you acknowledged, you should have worn a plain shirt. (Unlike others, I like the tie, but the suit is the diva in this fit - it needs to be the star - all accessories are bit players.)

The shoes - love the style, am really not a fan of the color. I understand why you made the choice, but I've seen too many tatty Brits in ASDA suits wearing grey shoes to really like the look - the association is too strong (though the shoes - Corthay? - are certainly NOT tatty).

Don't worry. You're not alone in this. Though, if you don't mind, I prefer the left side.

Anywho, trying to incorporate some of the advice from yesterday, especially that of Phat Guido about how to take pics (Thanks again). Hopefully some of it comes through. Being Texas in the spring, the wind was up.

[​IMG]

You look significantly taller in this photo - bravo for proper height of camera. Take the advice of the other posters as to your fit - you've been smacked around enough today for me to go over your fit again.

[​IMG]

That jacket is way too short and too tight, and as you're tall and thin, I can only assume that you've had it for a while. When economically possible for you, time to go shopping again.

:Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know? [​IMG]

Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures [​IMG]
    Won´t be able to post until Tuesday, hope ya havin a good time (i´ll have that in Dublin!):

[​IMG]

You look great today - have fun in Dublin, and we'll see you posting when you return.

Glad that you liked my fit today - I wish that I did (or perhaps I can blame the pictures - it's all the self-timer's fault!).

16. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

Is that the Giardini Pubblici? You're making me nostalgic for Venezia, if so - I was there last month, and my hotel was in Sant Elena, so the gardens were a familiar sight.
    It is Lucca down in Tuscany actually - I think I'd be arrested if I rode a bike around Venice. Glad you enjoyed Sant Elena, it is a wonderfully quiet place.

17. Edgar Allan Pwn

Edgar Allan Pwn Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Cheers, Navi! I won´t be able to post on friday, as i´m travelling to Dublin. I could post a permanent link, would that help? If not, so be it. Looks fine to me in any aspect. But what do i know? [​IMG] Sharp! Nice tie / sc combo! Great. Sharp in very low-fy version, but really diggin´ it! Yesterday, it was five colours...today five different textures [​IMG] Won´t be able to post until Tuesday, hope ya havin a good time (i´ll have that in Dublin!): [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Absolutely wonderful fit. The SC in particular is just great. Love the colour. Also, I'm glad someone like my tie!

18. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus

Thanks for all the comments today fellas - even the "trainwreck" from Nii [​IMG]. This is what I love about trial and error. Obviously, I learned something today. I like experimenting, but I think I found the problem - I have too much shit. I need to narrow down my assortment. Look for a closet clean and overhaul shortly [​IMG] Spoo2.0 coming soon [​IMG]

19. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

That jacket is way too short and too tight, and as you're tall and thin, I can only assume that you've had it for a while. When economically possible for you, time to go shopping again.

Are you sure you're commenting on the right picture?

20. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

It is Lucca down in Tuscany actually - I think I'd be arrested if I rode a bike around Venice. Glad you enjoyed Sant Elena, it is a wonderfully quiet place.
    Beautiful town! Did you get to Paulo's bar?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.