HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Did you get drunk at The Ivy and then get a sandwich from Hoagie Haven? That's the only way to do Princeton!

2. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

I personally do not think you have anything to regret about your outfit at all, It looks very good. Maybe change your knot to a DFIH and add a PS to finish it off.

Talking about friday, I saw the discussion, and it was good, and it was nit-picking to the Nth degree, BUT....

1. No one is perfect (shape or otherwise) - some guys are just better clothes horses than others
    2. Your clothing is also not perfect, so don't get too OCD over it.

So enjoy it all, It looks real awesome to me.

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Thanks! I appeciate that. In no way am I trying to be a debbie-downer or poo-poo rome's comments and/or seek sympathy. I really respect his critique and it made me notice some things to change in the future so I am grateful for that. You are right, no one is perfect. Nit picking is fine though, I want to look good, I just have to do so with the resources I have.

That being said. I think if I let the back side seams of this jacket out a bit it would lay a bit better around the buttoning point and back of the jacket leading to a better flow. The chest and shoulders seem fine to me, the lapels lay flat and the shoulders are snug.

If I had such a thing, I would have worn this with a navy edged white linen ps.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

4. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

I had only one beer with lunch on the terrace of the Yankee Tap Room, and gelato at the Bent Spoon, which may be the tourist equivalent of the Ivy and Hoagie Haven (which I did pass by on a stroll on Nassau St.).

5. ethanm

ethanm Senior member

Ah, I love the Tap Room. I met Cornel West there one night! The true townie equivalent to that would be Winberries (Palmer Square) and Thomas Sweet (Nassau).

6. Oleg

Oleg Senior member

That's about midway down Leith Walk near Great Junction Street, isn't it? Would put you in Leith Walk Cafe?
    (Also from Edinburgh, also wearing Clark's desert boots).

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

8. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

I don't know too much about soporific, I do know about beautiful though!! :slayer:

You could have at least had black laces, even if you couldn't afford the shoes to go with the outfit. :embar:

9. barims

barims Senior member

^ Spoo Fellow, where are your laceups from, please?

10. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

The jacket quite fits nicely but it's a tricky odd jacket to pair. Solid grey trousers are an obvious choice, and I think tan chinos might also work. Maybe cream trousers too. Shirts are even tougher, in way. White? Yeah iOK, but also not great. Blue clashes a bit with the overcheck. Ecru? Probably the best. But tricky, tricky...

11. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

This may sound like hubris but I was drawn to it precisely because of that challenge. I am open to suggestions. I was also going to try light pink with a navy tie. even a plain white shirt with a colorful tie is fine, I kind of want the jacket to be the centerpiece. Thanks for the suggestion of cream trousers, I want to get a pair. Would you suggest wool, linen, cotton canvas?

12. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

@ Citan I like your outfits literally more than 99% of the rest here on SF. The mere loudness of a the few negative opinions towards your jackets voiced here does not necessarily correlate with the truth.

@ Kappelan I really like what you posted here in the past, may I ask what jacket size you wear and what your shoulder to shoulder measurement would be?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012

13. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

I appreciate that but I certaintly don't think I deserve such praise nor do I want to create a schism on the forum due my mid to low tier jacket fits. Everyone could use some tweaks and I want to learn as much as I can. Part of that is recieiving constructive critcism which I will never shun. Thanks again though. I was not offended or wronged in anyway and I appreciate your praise as much as other's suggestions on how to improve.

14. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

Thanks. I'm not sure bout shoulders. The jackets size usually I wear is 36 short

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.