Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

i guess i am clueless as to what about the jackets doesn't work for me. the shoulders are natural, the chest isn't tight or loose. the waist is maybe too tapered but not severe. it's maddening i guess. i wish i could see what you see. i just see myself haha. i guess that is why we post. i wish i had something i could point to and say, yeah, thats it. i like my bb jackets, i wont be tossing them, but i guess.it bums me out. ce la.vie!

2. ballmouse

ballmouse Senior member

For me, the SC looks too tight and that's causing the 'triangle' below the buttoning point to open up too much (is that called open quarters?). The upper chest and shoulders look tight because they seem to curve outward (not to the sides, but towards the front).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

3. mossrockss

mossrockss Senior member

Thanks everyone.

That's my wife and lol at noticing the girl through the window.

Suit is gray sharkskin from T.M.Lewin. It's the only suit I own that still fits me, though barely lol. Shirt is also from T.M.Lewin.

4. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Senior member

Did you say... self-tie your bow ties, Tirailleur and EFV? :D

Got me two from MJ Bale today for the price of one Drakes; both made in Italy. Gray BT is wool, while the wine red one is silk and cotton.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012

5. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Thanks Anden, JapanAlex, Threadbearer, EFV, ianGP IST66 for your kind thumbs up for yesterday's post.

In response to AndroFan who wrote, "That's a hell of a dimple. Great tie, great outfit.", all I can say is that it was not a dimple; it was a crease! Yikes, that looked terrible! :embar:

And to Citan1145 who wrote, "PS is really nice. suit fits you really well. did you recently alter it?", the answer is no. Maybe I'm looking better--I hope!

I'm still in awe of Holdfast's post from yesterday. Just amazing.

6. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks to all for the remarkably positive & uniform feedback to what I actually expected might have been a controversial look given the shoe choice. Maybe this is the start of SF finally veering back to black... [​IMG]

There's some truth in this.

But I think it's more useful to decide what you want to get out of the board before posting pics.

Personally, I know (approximately) what a decent fitting item should feel/look like. Some of my stuff fits like that, some doesn't quite, that's life for a now, unless I were to spend a lot in one go. But I much more value getting feedback on colour combinations, textural issues, and on the overall impression created by a look. That partly governs the pose I now adopt, which neuters some of the more nitpicky fit comments by deliberately creating tension points and creases all over the clothes; I think that actually gives a more realistic impression of what clothes look like to the average person seeing you during the day than the SF robopose does. Of course, the latter stance IS a fairly useful if you actually want feedback on the fit of a tailored item. Having said that, you still have to know enough to weigh the value of the source of the feedback you're getting.

Related to this issue of deciding what you want from the board when posting pics is your point about photographic quality. I can't understand why people wanting detailed actual tailoring fit feedback post part-body snapshots taken at weird angles and in poor lighting; RIRO will obviously apply. It's not even better than nothing, if you think about it. However even those part-body snapshots can still be quite useful for seeing stuff like colours and textures when the photos themselves are good (Charlie's Wardrobe springs instantly to mind in this category: you can tell they're generally very good outfits even though they're part-body photos). My own photos suffer regularly from very poor lighting, but at least I am somewhat fortunate in having a window sill at a very convenient height and distance from where I stand.

7. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

I fold them in half once then roll them and store in a woodlore cedar box originally sold as a 'sock box'. I fit 4-5 ties per box and have 4 boxes in a drawer

8. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I actually use one of my drawers of my dressers. But I'm running out of space with my tie collection reaching 50+

9. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

A special Saturday edition . . .

Suit & braces - Paul Stuart
    Shirt - BB
    Tie - Thomas Pink
    Shoes - C & J

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Mark Handsome

Mark Handsome Member

[​IMG]

Clarks deserts boots, yellow socks, uniqlo jeans, and my Vespa outside my favourite cafe on Leith Walk, Edinburgh in between the showers today

11. IBJanky

IBJanky Senior member

Went to a play with the gf today. It was a nice spring day in S. California, time for some color :)

[​IMG]

myke

12. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

I have two multi-tiered hanger racks and just drape the ties over the bar near the middle of the tie... keep them in natural garment bags in the closet.. that's it. Got at least 50+ so it works for now.. but just grabbed three great ties this afternoon so I'm always thniking what I'll do in the very near future when I run out of room with this method! :happy:

13. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

I'm thinking of nailing a tie rail by my side of the room... I just have to convince my wife somehow... A new pair of shoes for her might do the trick

14. lalaland

lalaland Well-Known Member

Killer look IBJanky - love the blazer and its button stance. Can you tell us more about your outfit?

15. MrChris

MrChris Senior member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.