• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

The fit of your jacket on your shoulders is good, but the jacket is too short. It seems to be very modern, reminds me of the suits the Beatles wore in the 1960's.
Narrow lapels and short collar blades so tie is too wide and knot is too big, probably need a narrow black / grey tie to keep it all monochrome and in scale.
Do the pockets have flaps?
The pocket square is very full of itself, tuck it in a whole lot more, and keep it under strict control.
The trousers are too long, and i also think and agree with another commentator that the jacket looks too small / tight and not 'balanced' compared to the trousers.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Red tie for the Red Wings.

Today, I ordered a blazer from the tailor who made this suit. Hoping for another good fit.

Not that long ago, a Brooks Bros slim fit shirt was tight. Now, these shirts billow out. I need new shirts. :(

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wore this DB for the first time today and recieved several compliments.
What does Styleforvm say, yay or nay?

I have to say that some of the fits posted here are subject to photography skill, lighting, angles, etc. But this does not look good to me. By that I mean it doesn't make me want to go out and buy a DB suit, if you know what I mean.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Merci! Awsome, this is how you do casual guys, simple!

Do you think for an older gentlemen? I feel like younger chaps would go with a much more fitted coat; a sleeker look overall. I don't think this is the benchmark for casual (no disrespect meant)!

Why, thank you.
40T7R.jpg
OX2tP.jpg
I like the second look and I do like the color combinations. The DB coat looks ill fitting and oversized to me.

Last edited:

Sir F

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think for an older gentlemen? I feel like younger chaps would go with a much more fitted coat; a sleeker look overall. I don't think this is the benchmark for casual (no disrespect meant)!

Well the age doesnt matter if you dress properly either way its formal or casual wear. And I think olddogs outfits are awsome even if he is old or young who cares, he dress nice that's the main and important thing (for me)

Of course all have opinions on what would be nicer on a old guy or a young guy as colors, fit and so on. But if you get it right, the age dont matter at the end :)

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Down to zero again last night in the nations capital. A couple of debuts today -

Coat: Paul Smith Grey Donegal
Suit: Herringbone Sydney flannel POW
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear dark blue wool herringbone
Scarf: Henry Carter Scottish Cashmere
Shoes: Loake 1880

WaterlooMike

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I have had some similar thoughts, particularily with the length of the jacket. I think my stance in the photo is having some effect on the look of the pants. The break is not as extreme as it appears in that shot. That said, I think this bad boy is officially out of rotation.
Time to go shopping.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tubes41

Reaction score

Fit is good... the shoes on the other hand... :eek: may be is the angle of the picture, but they seem way pointy, you know what I mean ?
Welcome to SF

Thanks for the welcome.

On the pointy front, I know...
The shoes are an unfortunate side effect of 3 things.
1) Living in Perth, Australia - The square / pointy toe capital of the world. Followed closely by the rest of Australia.
2) All local retailers deciding that the aforementioned shoes should be worn by everyone, so they stock little else.
3) Having a typical aussie foot, a wide size 47 foot.
These shoes were the least pointy I could find sub $300.

I did see some really nice "handcrafted" shoes, but they said they only went to size 9, and were 4 times the price :-/

I would love to buy online, but not knowing what last I should get (as there are no local retailers) has put me off.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the welcome.
On the pointy front, I know...
The shoes are an unfortunate side effect of 3 things.
1) Living in Perth, Australia - The square / pointy toe capital of the world. Followed closely by the rest of Australia.
2) All local retailers deciding that the aforementioned shoes should be worn by everyone, so they stock little else.
3) Having a typical aussie foot, a wide size 47 foot.
These shoes were the least pointy I could find sub $300.
I did see some really nice "handcrafted" shoes, but they said they only went to size 9, and were 4 times the price :-/
I would love to buy online, but not knowing what last I should get (as there are no local retailers) has put me off.

and you've got a good Aussie sense of humor :) ... I've been to Perth (lived in Brisbane for a year)... so you're the biggest, farthest away city in the world... understandable that pickens are slim in those parts mate! (btw... I really love your country..great times and memories Down Under) welcome as well.... and maybe you should just make a serious trip to Hong Kong... it's not THAT far. haha!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads