• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off My Rack

Reaction score
EyYYt.jpg

Look at the shirts on the middle shelf in the photo above. At first blush, it appears that they are neatly folded to make optimal use of the display cabinet. But don't be fooled. It's all a clever ploy to hide the fact that the sleeves are stitched closed and have only faux buttons and button holes.

And they're pull-over shirts too. The buttons on the front are fake, obviously...

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

This entire fit is awesome. I really like the SC as is, with the lapels being big but not overdone. Also, those kicks are ridiculous, and for that I hate you.

thanks man. glad to hear the coat is workable. i had the lapels slimmed a quarter of an inch and the length shortened a bit too....i found it at a thrift store for 5 bucks when i was killing time. the fabric is exactly what i want but am only about 50/50 on the fit. hearing it at least works does my heart good. :fonz:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

WaterlooMike

Reaction score

Please forgive "too much time driving" creases. Curious for feedback re: fit of this suit.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jacket too tight, buttoning point too high, balance is off and consequently quarters are too closed, jacket is too short, pants are too long and full relative to the jacket. Color is good.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I love the Carmina cap toes I've seen in this thread and have almost pulled the trigger on a pair myself. What stops me is the large gap along the top of each foot where the laces seem unable to pull the leather pieces together. I dislike that. At first I thought it was just one member who purchased a size (or two) too small, but I'm pretty sure I've seen it now on every pair of Carminas featured in WAYWRN -- on the Simpson last, that is.

actually, it's a little more complexe than this, anyway.

you remember the vass, which have been substituted by this. no gap. how do i miss them...

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Simpson Last is reaaaaally narrow... even more so than the 348 C&J.

Thanks, CEP. That's very good to know. I just barely squeeze into my C&J Westbournes, so the Simpson last is probably too narrow for me. What a shame; the Carminas are gorgeous.

Will.i.n
You spelled it wrong again...

I think you mean, "You spelled it wrong aga.i.n."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads