• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Just want to say FUCKIN A to our troops for killing Osama bin Laden.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

tumblr_lkk2fmIX9l1qcq3abo1_400.gif

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great news but there's something fishy about the sea burial.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tshaw

Reaction score
mktitsworth -

Mrs. Spoo is not walking, she is prominading, therefore, no need for a carriage - it kills the effect!
laugh.gif

Not approved. Mrs. Spoo looks lovely, but why is she walking? Spoo, I place the blame squarely on you. A gentleman always has a horse drawn carriage at his ladies waiting.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A mixed bag - today's attire, a shot from this weekend, and a comment on the demise of Osama bin Laden.

Today:

IMGP0490442x1280.jpg

IMGP0491727x1280.jpg

IMGP04871005x1280.jpg

IMGP0488851x1280.jpg

Saturday (and I am fully expecting to get a load of isht on this fit):

IMGP0484739x1280.jpg

And a comment - remember that Al Qaeda is at this point, a hydra, a multi-headed snake. We've cut off the most prominent head, a great symbolic victory, but the greater effect will be the gathering of intelligence from the site of Osama's demise to root out the rest of the organization, and, more importantly, the source of funds to run the thing. You can't bomb things if you can't buy explosives.

As for burial at sea, how better to ensure that Osama's resting place does not become a shrine for those who hate the West?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Nice fit on the shirt, Holdfast. Jeans look good to (though I prefer them a bit more tapered); now work 'm in!

They're already well over year old. I just don't think my lifestyle is hard-wearing enough to be conducive to wearing jeans in.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Navi
Alot of my clothes are at the tailor until tomorrow...

This should be SF's bumper sticker.

Originally Posted by upr_crust
Saturday (and I am fully expecting to get a load of isht on this fit)

Not that I'm a good judge of casual but I think it looks good.

Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
5667989880_b10e6319df_b1.jpg

Dig.

Looks well good.

I have a new assistant starting today. Thank god!

Nice outfit today; liking the touch of gold. Is the new assistant Big A approved?

The very long weekend continues... this is the shirt that yesterday's new Zara one will replace on slightly smarter occasions. It's a bit too big on me, but I don't mind that in linen. More importantly though, it has a couple of small stains that refuse to come out. Still, it's fine for casual wear so in future I'll reserve it for the beach, BBQs and things like that. Like today's yet another day off in the sunshine:

AeULe.jpg

PS. re: Bin Laden, as everyone else is commenting about him in this thread: Respect to the Yanks for getting the job done, and I can't say I'm shedding any tears about not needing to waste more millions on a trial or the cost of imprisonment. Tipping him into an ocean seems appropriate enough. Symbolism is hugely important to a society's psyche, and there is zero doubt about the symbolic impact of today's events to the West's sense of some justice finally being done.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I think they should have put his body at ground zero for everybody to tear apart, that bastard.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
IMGP0484739x1280.jpg

Looks good to me, Señor Crust.

As for burial at sea, how better to ensure that Osama's resting place does not become a shrine for those who hate the West?

My thoughts exactly.

I have a new assistant starting today. Thank god!
97e4e7c1.jpg

ef25d1be.jpg

f1615488.jpg

Teh links:
f6746bc0.jpg

Please post this in the conservative business dress thread, Spoo. The sheen on the tie might get some hate, but surely this qualifies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics