HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Thank you for your compliments, Sir F., though I believe you may be mistaken in terming my attire "vintage". My wearing of fedoras is, perhaps, old-fashioned, but I can assure you that I am the original owner of all of my attire - none of it came from a thrift shop :). Perhaps my style sense harks back to a earlier age, which is what you seem to mean, I believe.

I think that I agree with you as to the combination of today's scarf and the rest of my attire - the colors didn't mesh together as well as I had hoped, and I have only a limited number of lightweight scarves that would go with today's attire. Oh, well, tomorrow is another day . . .

2. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

3. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

4. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

I actually quite like washed denim for Springtime looks, but your denim here seems to be a bit too artificially faded looking. The saturation and severity of the fades make them look a bit cheap and affected, IMHO. I also think the sport coat you've opted to pair with the jeans looks a bit off and creates a discourse in formality between the top and bottom. Just my $0.02.

5. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

That's of course what I was meaning little more old fashion. And from your pictures and clothing it shows directly you are a well organized man :)
    Will follow (stalk) all your updates from now on! Looking forward to tomorrow's outfit! And will post pictures of my style also during the days ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

6. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Very good Mr. K. Everyday you seem to dress a little better. It is amazing to see the colour change across the photographs. Is it the same jacket for both days?

I also like your tie knot, and it is also cinched up nice and tight. You have come a long way from when you had your collar button undone and tie skew. I also like that you often wear a PS when wearing a tie, too. Much much better IMO.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Not a big fan of the tie pattern, but the colour is nice. These very close/cropped photos make it difficult to judge much about the look though.

I don't mind the colours of either look, and the shirt and jeans of the top one seem nice enough. At first blush, the jacket shoulders in both looks seem a bit big on you. In the second look, I find your tie knot too big, with too much square showing. A slightly smaller knot, more tucked in square and a less extended shoulder and I think the second look could be quite good.

Could be because the colours are washed out in the bright sunlight, but I'm not really feeling this one; I think it might be the lime square against the suit. Shirt & tie look great though.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

yep - colors came out all wrong. Square is bottle green and white with burgundy lines in it. The direct sun on it makes it look lighter and brighter

9. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

10. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

"vintage" by itself doesn't mean that it's been thrifted or anything... although used clothing resellers love to throw that word around since it sounds better than "old and used and bought from a thrift store"

the M-W dictionary definition for vintage
    a : dating from the past : old
    b : outmoded, old-fashioned

so you can certainly have vintage clothing that have always belonged to you
    and he probably meant to say "classic" or something along those lines...

but i like to think he just straight up called you old :hide:

11. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Oh no no! Dont make me enemies already [​IMG]! He has a great taste of clothing that looks ''old fashion'' and I like that very much.

12. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

i'm joking around
    but you started off on the wrong foot if you didn't want to step on any toes in here (was that one too many foot reference?)
    calling out acrid's posting in here yesterday ... especially you being a noob

13. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

[/quote]: name="XKxRome0ox" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/26040#post_5332554"] I like to think he just straight up called you old :hide:[/quote]

Were that the case, Sir F. would merely be accurate.

14. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

: name="XKxRome0ox" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/26040#post_5332554"] I like to think he just straight up called you old :hide:[/quote]

Were that the case, Sir F. would merely be accurate.
    [/QUOTE]

Of course not! Well your not that young either (i'm an hounest guy) But you look good for your age and dress well!

I did not mean anything bad by it really. Thought only it was casual nothing else. My apologies acrid sheed if I offended you in any way.

15. Anden

Anden Senior member

EFV: It´s an old Dior tie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.