1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forex

forex Distinguished Member

^^ That looks better than most of your outfits, you do have a weird body though.

2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Citan, I don't think it looks bad at all. A few small improvements is all that's needed, IMO.

1) Use a better hanger. Those bumps (unless they are your anatomy) are from bad hangers.

2) Maybe let out the waist a touch - that should assist in lessening the hourglass effect in the jacket.

3) Try a slightly longer jacket. Maybe 3/4" longer.

3. CDHagg

CDHagg Distinguished Member

@no one

Looks good. Bespoke, right? I think the sleeves could stand to be rotated, but I'm not sure if that would be an advisable alteration after the fact. Also, the pants look a little too full in the top block, but that may be just personal preference..

4. Citan1145

Citan1145 Distinguished Member

Thanks I guess. I dunno. Starting to think I should sell off everything and start over. For the record, I am 5'11'' 175 40 chest 33 waist. I lost about 60 pounds 6 years ago and have been a runner and basketball player ever since. So I am not sure what I am doing to have a weird shaped body other than genetics. :embar:

The bumps were there when I first got this suit tailored. I just think it is excess fabric or something with the collar I need to get taken care of. I will buy some better hangs though (I have a few nice ones but not enough). The waist could be let out a touch, they overdid it at the Polo store. I think a longer jacket would make my legs look even stumpier. this jacket is nearly 30.5 from the back of the collar.

Don't know if this picture will help or hurt...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012

5. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

I think a slightly longer jacket will drape a bit better, and coupled with a slightly let out waist will lessen the hourglass effect. I could be wrong, but I think it will help.

6. Citan1145

Citan1145 Distinguished Member

Moo, I think these pictures will help your critique a bit more. I think the waist needs to be let out so it flows a bit better and the jacket does look slightly short in this picture. I also think maybe my pants need to be tapered below the thigh a bit...thoughts?

7. ianGP

ianGP Senior Member

It's been a super-rough week! From Friday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    *trousers usually sit lower...dunno why it looks high on here :confused:

Then my girl suprises me at work and takes me for happy hour :slayer:
    [​IMG]

Coat: Borrelli
    Suit: RLPL
    Shirt: Local tailor MTM
    Tie: RLPL
    Shoes: G&G
    Square: Kent Wang

8. clapeyron

clapeyron Distinguished Member

Really nice double breasted going on there.

9. Northernninja

Northernninja Member

So I'm very new to this and I'm probably wrong but I thought I would toss out my opinion anyways.

From those pics I agree with moo, the jacket needs to be let out, or if you like the way the jacket fits, maybe a pair of slimmer fitting pants? From what I see it looks like you have slim fitted jacket paired with some relaxed fit pants. That could possibly minimize the odd proportions that I see.

10. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Distinguished Member

Woah, not that it matters--at all--but I didn't expect you to be Asian or shave-headed! Nice colour scheme--more neutral! :)

11. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Distinguished Member

Thanks! And, it's 100% English wool! :) It's not, actually, tweed, as far as I know--as someone else suggested--it's worsted! (It just looks that way in photos, I think.)

Thanks for all the other thumbs, guys! :)

12. clapeyron

clapeyron Distinguished Member

I would have betted him being Italian, too.

13. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

In my experience, on SF one should always assume Asian until given reason to believe otherwise. Well that's how it is in swd at least ... I just stick with it anywhere on the forum !

14. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

Ha, ha! "You might very well think that, but I could not possibly comment." As I am typing this, I'm wearing a beat up old pair of LL Bean chinos, a sweat shirt, and sneakers.

15. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Distinguished Member

:) Just this morning, I was thinking that I must get some new blades. I've been using the same blade for more than a month. There is no secret for a clean shave: moisten skin with warm water, just plain old shaving cream and whatever level of Gillette blade they are hawking currently. And, unrelated, I cannot tell you how many times I have cut my Adam's apple on the day of a concert. There must be a Freudian meaning behind trying to slit one's throat on the day of a performance :embar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.