HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New suit. (I tried a new tailor and am fairly happy with the result.) A click on the bottom pic might bring out the colors of the stripes (gray and purple) more clearly.

Oh yeah, beware of Francis the Cat (computer screen)! :happy:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

2. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

clarinetplayer ~ is this AA ? may I ask where the tailor is ?

3. clarinetplayer

It is MTM from Alexander's Custom Clothier in Northville, Michigan. (A suburb of Detroit)

Forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is "AA"?

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

why, home of the wolverines, of course.

5. clarinetplayer

Oh, good grief!!!!!!! :embar:

6. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I like the czech doublehorn and its good that its stamp forged, but that thing desperately needs to be refaced.

7. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Nothing inherently bad here, everything fits and nothing is offensive or of bad taste - but you pushed it to the end of the boredom continuum. Solid on solid on solid. Could have used one pattern here (and I'm not talking about the square). Also another instance where black shoes would have worked better with the cool color palette IMO

Great taste level overall, all the items are awesome (including the 3714 :slayer:) but jacket doesn't fit you well around the chest and that's distracting. Also don't feel that the shoes are a good match for this particular plaid - too sleek and city, brogues would have been a better choice IMO

My eyes! The tie is atrocious, man, "grenadine" or not. Jacket does not fit you well, it's too short for your body, buttoning point (as you know) is too high and the cut is bland. It does you no favor so I'm not sure you should throw tailoring $$ into it, get something that fits and has an attractive cut. Dockers are also a poor fit in the top black and not flattering.

This just doesn't look good. Guncheck coat is fine and looks nice, then paired with this ugly shiny tie and a tab-collar shirt? Just doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe the whole thing would look better with grey slacks and a more rugged/country tie... I don't know.

As I said above, this looks great on you. I feel like we've swapped styles today - I'm wearing a Holdfastian palette and you're wearing a CBD outfit.

Looks good minus the tie. Everything is country/casual but the tie screams "city" so the mismatch is too obvious.

8. steveoly

steveoly Senior member

Not sure I have ever posted. Shirt sleeves need to be shortened. They're really bunching up in the arms. Thoughts? :hide:
    [​IMG]

9. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Much love to Reginald Jerome for teh links.

11. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Slim taper leg is okay if you have the proper body proportion to wear it; however, far too many people with short legs, thick legs tries to pull this off, achieving only unflattering results. I'm cannot exactly recalled the classic rule for the leg opening width, I think it's supposed to cover about half of your laces(somebody please correct me). Clown feet distracts the attention flow of your outfit, but if that's your thing I supposed I'd might have to learn to get use to it. I think there has to be a different route for you to achieve a better look in terms of your collar, perhaps you may try getting access to some slimmer ties?

12. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

not a fan of this tight collar or is it the tie knot? a very stiff vibe, imo.

13. fritzl

fritzl Senior member

glad you said this...

14. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It's just the forward leaning, cramped position. If you come to NYC and get one of those small SUV taxis, you'll understand what I mean.

15. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

shah - thanks, yeah the tie is a little pale in hindsight, but it's such a lovely sunny day that I was in the mood for it. It's also a tie I find I wear very rarely precisely because it's so pale, so when an occasion arises to actually use it, I usually jump at the chance! BTW, it's good to have your feedback in this thread, as it gives a slightly different perspective to that which we sometimes get. Variety of feedback source is good IMO; thanks for taking the time.
    lol, CBD even with my non-black shoes?! But yeah, must be something in the air... I mentioned it in a thumbs up too, but I think it's worth highlighting that your pink shirt is what makes your fit today work; I would not have liked it nearly as much with a white or blue one. The pink background warms the look enough for the tie to feel part of the outfit instead of stuck on top.

But listen, don't go getting soft on us with the feedback, just because you're doing it regularly now. I miss your more eviscerative posts... [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.