• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steedy Gent

Reaction score
No you don't need more waist suppression. If anything, maybe a little less IMO. You could benefit from a tad of shoulder extension (keeping them natural, no padding) and maybe a slightly wider lapel.

C, it's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the coat is opening up quite a bit under the button. Note how the vertical lines spread out. Definitely don't need more waist suppression.
I think the lapel width is fine, personally. But I like narrower lapels in general.

Is this a case where a slightly lower buttoning stance would help?

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anden

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not you too!!! :)

Thanks!
uhoh.gif

Anden I like the look as well... sans lapel button.
nod[1].gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is working...:devil:

HalfCanvas

Reaction score

Is this a case where a slightly lower buttoning stance would help?

Wow, this is nit-picking in the extreme. I think Citan's fits are outstanding. A more structured coat wouldn't jibe with the aesthetic he's going for, in my opinion.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
upr_crust that color scheme :inlove:

Steedy Gent

Reaction score
Wow, this is nit-picking in the extreme. I think Citan's fits are outstanding. A more structured coat wouldn't jibe with the aesthetic he's going for, in my opinion.

Sorry, not meant to be nit-picking at all. Citan's fits are, in all ways, better than mine could hope to be. I was simply asking based on the two opinions expressed by Doc and gdl. I'm really enjoying the education I'm receiving here in both composition and fit. My question was only meant to draw out a response from anyone who knows about such things and would be willing to comment. My apologies if it seemed to be piling on.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, not meant to be nit-picking at all.  Citan's fits are, in all ways, better than mine could hope to be.  I was simply asking based on the two opinions expressed by Doc and gdl.  I'm really enjoying the education I'm receiving here in both composition and fit.  My question was only meant to draw out a response from anyone who knows about such things and would be willing to comment.  My apologies if it seemed to be piling on.

No need to apologize on teh interwebz. Go hard, son. Checkit:

ii6tqhTXphTiK.gif

Last edited:

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tumblr_m1asmoQGqk1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1asoyopVX1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1assvVete1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1asw9dRKb1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

tot, this is Boss but I would have went with a bright [hot pink, red, shocking green even] tie with pindots or some neat/small pattern that matched the blue in your socks. For that ultra FU appeal.

Last edited:

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everyone, thanks for the comments. Gdl, Doc, steedy, flying monkey ,I appreciate your comments on what kind of jacket could fit me better and your appreciation for my humble efforts, it's cool to hear I am getting some things right in my novice attempts at dressing in men's clothing. That being said, I am really open to hearing opinions, I wouldn't post on here if I didn't want some critique! re: a low buttoning point and the quarters, I think the picture today is a bad angle and pose, I rarely wear high button point jackets and this one is rather low, at or slightly below my navel.

Halfcanvas, I appreciate your comment but nick picking is kind of what this forum is about, I really am humbled that you like my fits but I am open to criticism just as much as praise! so thank you.

Gentlemen who commented on what jackets would fit my shape and aesthetic, I am going to put up a few jackets that I feel are structured a bit differently, which do you think works best for me for future purchases? Keep in mind I like a bit of variety but since we are discussing my fit and tailoring today, I would appreciate the feedback. Sorry if this is too much but, I am bored at work :nodding:

Corneliani

BB Fitz
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6997878835/]

Polo II
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6844470326/]

BB Milano
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6939138961/]

and Polo I
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6918178851/]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/58019768@N02/6918178851/[/url][/url][/url][/url]

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say the Polo I, but with a little bit less waist suppression. The amount of waist suppression you have on the BB Fitz is just right IMO

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So here's the "gotta have some balls" ugly jacket I'm wearing today. :laugh:

Colors are off on the main pic, more accurate on the close-up

IMG00642-20120323-0909.jpg

IMG00644-20120323-0918.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads