HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barims

barims Senior member

I would show off my current morning suit, but no one took presentable photographs at the weddings I've recently attended. Perhaps next month. I've grown bored of cravats, however, but 'tis the season for them

I do have a 1910s-20s-inspired suit jacket; I'm even wearing it today. That, too, will appear one day

2. Anden

Anden Senior member

Well I think it looks good and I will be wearing it. Maybe the torso shot can change your mind?
    Tie is Burberry.

A

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  3. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Doesn't change my mind but the bolded part is all that matters, I guess.

This morning, my boss said "man, that is one ugly jacket! You gotta have some balls to wear this jacket!". I took it as a compliment but at the same time, it illustrates once again the CBDness of certain sectors. I remember another time when I was sitting down with his boss and he said "are you going hunting today or what?". I was wearing a brown tweed jacket (on a Friday with no client meetings, of course) *.

Everyone dresses within the boundaries that are set by both his environment and himself.

* 4th from top and 4th from left on the composite I posted above

5. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

I like the tie and the jacket, and I would (and do) wear this kind of combination, but I too find the random cufflink-as-buttonhole annoying. Not sure about the PS or the shirt collar either.

6. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Happy Friday everyone. Tie courtesy of Selvedged on b&s.

Thoughts, i ordered some cheap pocket squares to experiment with. I would have worn this with a navy pindot square. Would it have been a good choice? New to squares :embar:

[​IMG]

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

only surprise here is that GDL has a boss cuz really he's dressing like a bawss :slayer:

btw I kinda like that Anden pic now with the tie in it but i still don't like the golden orb hovering around the lapel (not into necromancy or whatever that is about)

8. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

I have been following the site for a while, time to make my first attempt. Please be gentle guys:)

That's what I was wearing yesterday:

Suit: Zegna flannel
    Shirt: MTM by Andrew's Ties - fabrics by Thomas Mason
    Belt: Hermes (brown - not visible)
    Shoes: Boss Black Edition
    Socks: Gallo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today:

SC: BB
    Shirt: MTM by Andrew's Ties - fabrics by Monti
    Belt: Pal Zileri (black - not visible)
    PS: Andrew's Ties
    Pants: corduroy - Armani
    Socks: Gallo
    Shoes: Vass Norweger (Peter last)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. FlyingMonkey

FlyingMonkey Senior member

Citan, hi - I know your jackets will appear to most to be cut almost perfectly - and technically, they probably are. But I'm struggling with a feeling that they still don't look quite right to me. This may just be an artifact of the photo, or of the stance, but for all their perfect fit, they give me a feeling of 'blobbiness'. Maybe your particular body shape would benefit from more structure, firmer shoulders etc.? I know this is somewhat unfashionable these days as we all seem to aspire to less structured Neapolitan-style jackets. Maybe it is something else - as I said, I really don't know and I may be completely off the mark here so please don't take this the wrong way!

10. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Yeah, I am very new to this game so I don't take offense to this at all. I am not really sure where the blobbiness is, you mean in the shoulders, chest, waist? The shoulder on this jacket has a slight rounded pad but is not extended. My shoulders are not very broad, they are more rounded and my chest is more barrel than flat, so maybe that has to do with it. I think I look rediculous in rlbl style padding though. Even my firmer corneliani shoulders seem off to me. I don't have the world's largest drop (40 to 33 really) so that may contribute as well. I am open to suggestions. Maybe the waist of this jacket could use more shaping as well. It is also single vent, maybe I need more double vent jackets. Either way, I thank you for the comment, at least it wasn't a complete abomination critique!

11. gdl203

No you don't need more waist suppression. If anything, maybe a little less IMO. You could benefit from a tad of shoulder extension (keeping them natural, no padding) and maybe a slightly wider lapel.

12. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

dude I feel for you.

13. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Senior member Dubiously Honored

C, it's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like the coat is opening up quite a bit under the button. Note how the vertical lines spread out. Definitely don't need more waist suppression.

I think the lapel width is fine, personally. But I like narrower lapels in general.

14. gdl203

ha - you shouldn't. I don't mind working within set boundaries - it helps focus on fit, tasteful color coordination and subtle details that satisfy me while still passing the CBD test. I find a lot excitement in blue shirts and grey or blue suits :)

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

:slayer:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.