• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

:cheers: thanks guys. I agree that they can be better... my pants never look as good as they can or as they should, for whatever reason, on camera. They look better "in real life" but again, there is certainly room for improvement. SWD was just having a high fiving session over how bad they were, so I needed opinions from men. I thank you.

either you're insecure or just trolling to intentionally misrepresent the situation at hand :

• i dont think he looks that bad at all
  • 5 thumbs up (more than here so far)
    1. drmmr
    2. wogbog
    3. the shah
    4. thatguymj
    5. Rompson
      "Probably the best fit I've ever seen from you. Pants are wide but in a cool 1940's way."​
  • moo top half is great
  • lookin'g good, mr. moo.
  • nice ! i like this jacket
  • t's just not a SWD fit (and maybe Moo should have spoilered it, I don't know...), this particular outfit isn't bad at all, color palette is good and it fits fairly well (pants are a bit baggy, ok)

it's really down to your petulance and and overreaction to the non-positive commentary that just draws more attention to this aspect of your posting, it always has been and always will be about your attitude until you address that. your fits get the attention because some like it, some don't, and the rest know you'll have a meltdown with the slightest push of a button.

Last edited:

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have large legs, but they are shapely. I've received my fair share of comments on them at beaches and such. Pants are always either too big in the thighs, or too tight in the waist.

Better that than looking like you got chicken legs in jeggings that gets washed twice every 5 years like...those kids...

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

either you're insecure or just trolling to intentionally misrepresent the situation at hand :
  • i dont think he looks that bad at all
  • 5 thumbs up (more than here so far)
    1. drmmr
    2. wogbog
    3. the shah
    4. thatguymj
    5. Rompson
      "Probably the best fit I've ever seen from you. Pants are wide but in a cool 1940's way."​
  • moo top half is great
  • lookin'g good, mr. moo.
  • nice ! i like this jacket
  • t's just not a SWD fit (and maybe Moo should have spoilered it, I don't know...), this particular outfit isn't bad at all, color palette is good and it fits fairly well (pants are a bit baggy, ok)
it's really down to your petulance and and overreaction to the non-positive commentary that just draws more attention to this aspect of your posting, it always has been and always will be about your attitude until you address that. your fits get the attention because some like it, some don't, and the rest know you'll have a meltdown with the slightest push of a button.

I have 9 positive thumbs up here. I am not sure how 5 is more than that.

The 5 positives are nice. Your are one of them, yet in other posts you make fun of the pants. So either you are trolling or just an ass. I am not sure yet.

I am trying to dress better - as I think others are - and the only way is to truly understand if someone is telling you the truth or just piling on/trolling/doing SWD things. So, yes, I did go the extra mile today to find out if the pants are truly horrible, as several SWD members have made clear they feel, or if SWD is just being SWD "haha, it's a moo fit, gotta talk some ****".

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In my case, I agree taht the pants seem big. I know there´s guys here who understand much more about formal dressing, but I think even with a lot of knowledge in me, I could never "approve" of those pants. They look big and weird also.

Oh, you´re kinda whining that "guys from SW&D are making fun of my pants". You are a grown ass man, stop being a crybaby and coming to daddy MC to tell on SW&D. Jeez.

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score

In my case, I agree taht  the pants seem  big. I know there´s guys here who understand much more about formal dressing, but I think even with a lot of knowledge in me, I could never "approve" of those pants.  They look big and weird also.

Oh,  you´re kinda whining that "guys from SW&D are making fun of my pants". You are a grown ass man, stop being a crybaby and coming to daddy MC to tell on SW&D. Jeez.

You're marsupialed. I've been meaning to say that.

Phew.

Feels good.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20120321_222622.jpg

%255BUNSET%255D.jpg
20120321_222712.jpg

late night at the office
tie lost its dimple a few hours ago

walking advertisement for brooks brothers
bb golden fleece shirt (from steve smith)
bb milano navy pinstripe suit
bb peal & co. brown captoe (C&J)

holliday & brown tie from davesmith

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Today's Fit:

Good to see some other Aussies posting. Couple of pointers to help you along.

Tie is not good. Yellow is difficult at the best of times and this isn't working. Something in navy or green would work better.

I like the shirt but the collar doesn't flatter your build. You look tall and thin like I am, so you need something that sits higher and is more spread to make you neck look not as long.

Shoes look very square toed from what I can see.

Keep at it though, it will only get easier with some improvements an suggestions.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Digging into the suit archives - I've not worn this suit since last August. It still seems to fit - if anything, it's a shade loose, a gratifying phenomenon.

Suit - HF
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Lewin
Cufflinks - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Shoes - Bergdorf Goodman house brand

IMGP1887618x1280.jpg

IMGP1886460x1280.jpg

IMGP18831130x1280.jpg

IMGP1884851x1280.jpg

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Alright dudes, the kids over on SWD seem to really hate the pants I wore today. Sadly, I can't take any of them seriously because they wear strange outfits and/or have never posted any photos.
So, I'd like to hear from people I respect for their ability to dress well (take that as an open invitation to post). Are my pants from today's outfit totally horrendous, or are they OK, a bit baggy, but serviceable?

I've already stated my opinion there but I'll elaborate. The pants are a bit baggy and I believe you know that - a function of weight loss? Now fuller pants are consistent with certain outfits (see Holdfast or upr_crust above), but are not consistent with this Italian fitted coat look. The coat doesn't show any fullness, the shoulders are natural, the sleeves are slim, everything is on the shorter (but acceptable) side. So, in a nutshell, the top is slightly incongruous with the bottom: fitted top, loose bottom, which is a formula that IMO doesn't work in tailored clothing.

That said, it will be easily fixed (take the seat and leg in a little?) and the overall outfit, colors and textures look good :thumbs-up:

Now, if this is something that cannot be fully mitigated (e.g. if you have wide hips), then you'd be better off widening the top by getting some shoulder extension and a little bit more chest fullness to re-balance the overall effect.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just details today.

New PS and lapel decoration - actually a cufflink from Exquisite Trimmings. Thanks DaveSmith!

Two lapel holes? A cufflink in one of them? :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads