• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
acecow , if you serious , give me details about it ...

:inlove:

6HqNT.jpg

I like to think of it as a niche of refined
gentlemen rebelling against the constraints
of crony capitalism and taking advantage of
the ills (ill-fittings) of wall street to wear flowing
garb disguised as formalwear. the anti-fit army,
no not even army, special ops group of beautiful
fabrics and elegant style with a Wagnerian
tradition-shattering take...

Last edited:

inlandisland

Reaction score
Today's dress.

Today's Science.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the [true] spirit of this thread (more talk, less pics) and in remembrance of our dear senior member KB, today I wore:

Navy PRL woven linen jacket, unlined with white buttons (3b, side vented)
Navy/white butcher stripe PRL Regent custom fit shirt with contrast [white] collar
Raw 501s
Shades of blue & gray striped BR socks
AS Bristols
Tan Italian leather belt from PF
No square
Caravelle automatic watch
PRL boxers

Business lunch at Manzo in Eataly (Flatiron)

Tagliata & Arugula dishes were good, even tho they ceased offering the Porterhouse at lunch. Had 2 single malts neat and am on a bottle right now.

Mmmmmm. Shaven Parmigiano-Reggiano is a godsend.

Which one of you followed me for four blocks and then complimented me on my shoes?

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acecow , if you serious , give me details about it ...

I'm dead serious. I'll shoot you a PM with some pics later. It's a $400660 (actually) shirt still with tags.

Last edited:

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the [true] spirit of this thread (more talk, less pics) and in remembrance of our dear senior member KB, today I wore:
Navy PRL woven linen jacket, unlined with white buttons (3b, side vented)
Navy/white striped body PRL Regent custom fit shirt with contrast [white] collar
Raw 501s
Shades of blue & gray striped BR socks
AS Bristols
Tan Italian leather belt from PF
No square
Caravelle automatic watch
PRL boxers
Business lunch at Manzo in Eataly (Flatiron)
Tagliata & Arugula dishes were good, even tho they ceased offering the Porterhouse at lunch. Had 2 single malts neat and am on a bottle right now.
Mmmmmm. Shaven Parmigiano-Reggiano is a godsend.

Nice. I'm wearing CK boxers, black ill-fitting Adidas shorts, white with black trimmings Rocawear athletic socks and a pair of Grenson Masterpiece loafers. This is everything, and this is the truth.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have always maintained my disgust of people wearing Adidas gear with other brands. Firebird suit with Foams? No. Firebird Tee with Pumas? No. Stappit.

Last edited:

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keeping with Nore, my lounging outfit

Battistoni SC
MT Shirt
Panta Pants
C&J DMonks

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is so bad. Not just boring (I like boring) but no taste at all. Are these black socks with these chinos and cognac shoes. Cannot believe you give people so much s#it when you dress like this.

I see you're still a little sore about that shoe/mullet analogy I made over in MC Casual. I'd take it back if only it weren't so damned funny.

Socks are navy, by the way. :teach:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I see you're still a little sore about that shoe/mullet analogy I made over in MC Casual.

Yes, it's exactly that. After seeing how you dress, how could I not care tremendously about your opinion on my boots ?

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is WTFAYWRN, MC Casual, SW&D or otherwise so I'll just let them fly. Please be curt with your thumbs:

Gettin my sag on :)

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this is WTFAYWRN, MC Casual, SW&D or otherwise so I'll just let them fly. Please be curt with your thumbs:
Gettin my sag on :)

Couple comments: jacket seems to fit well; sleeves a tad short but maybe because it's linen?; denim with navy jacket is often too low-contrast (that's the case here); I wouldn't button the jacket when I wear jeans; I can't see much of the shoes but I'm not sure I'd like them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads