HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndw

ndw Senior member

A rare miss from you today, N.

[​IMG] I sensed it was a fail, but wanted to wear this shirt to add some color today as it is the first day of sun here in months. We've had more rainfall this month than any other month recorded history.[​IMG] Would you suggest losing the tie or just burning the shirt?

2. ndw

ndw Senior member

I could be enjoying a perfect spring day in New Orleans today, seeing Jeff Beck followed by Robert Plant at Jazz Fest while working a wonderful buzz...but I am not.

[​IMG] That sucks, Mike. Today's look is a home run - love it.

3. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

4. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

[​IMG] I sensed it was a fail, but wanted to wear this shirt to add some color today as it is the first day of sun here in months. We've had more rainfall this month than any other month recorded history.[​IMG] Would you suggest losing the tie or just burning the shirt?

Each of the elements on their own aren't bad (even the shirt), it's just the combination.

That shirt could look decent on its own with some white jeans and stone/sand chukkas.

5. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Was you saying the jacket and tie are actually blue a joke or something? Because they look 100% brown on my laptop monitor and my phones screen. Either your camera has gone insane or my sarcasm meter is busted. Nice look either way. I think a different tie like a grenadine and a more interesting square would've knocked this one out the park.
    I also complimented the man for rocking great browns lately. Glad it's not just my eyes playing tricks...
    They are in fact navy. The lighting is really yellow. Sometimes I remember to adjust the tint, sometimes not. I'm a pretty lousy photographer, and I can't blame it on the equipment really. The camera/lens are actually pretty nice. Old detail shot of the same coat with another shirt that better represents color:
    [​IMG]

6. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

CBDamned today. Yep, a SC with denim [​IMG] Shoe polish build-up needs to be dealt with too, but today's a casual day, so a mirror shine wouldn't be quite right anyways.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ndw

ndw Senior member

Each of the elements on their own aren't bad (even the shirt), it's just the combination.

That shirt could look decent on its own with some white jeans and stone/sand chukkas.

The green in the suit is more difficult to pari up then I'd imagined - especially since I tend overall to favor earth tones - which when matched with the suit become too earthy. I think white or blue shirt, navy raw silk tie, and mid brown suede shoes next time.

I like your suggestions, but while I like white jeans on others - the look aint for me.

8. poissa

poissa Senior member

ctp,

balling SC.

9. 16-Ton

16-Ton Senior member

[​IMG]

Is it vintage? The lapels are like 1940s.

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Hate away. Suit is green linen

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Needs more wrinkles.

The green in the suit is more difficult to pari up then I'd imagined - especially since I tend overall to favor earth tones - which when matched with the suit become too earthy. I think white or blue shirt, navy raw silk tie, and mid brown suede shoes next time.

I'd like to see that.

11. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Thanks to everyone who's commented on my last few pics. I appreciate the feedback. I feel derelict in contributing meaningful feedback to others, something I hope to start remedying. I'll start here with a few things I've been thinking for a while now but haven't mentioned.

UprCrust,

Your new camera angle and pose are much more flattering. And I know I'm pretty late in mentioning it, but the eyewear frame change you made a while back was a colossal step forward too. You work a lot outside of my ideal color palette and in a lot harder finishes (shiny worsteds, flashy woven ties) than I prefer, but you certainly have an eye for that bold-dressy style.

MBreinen,

FWIW, I think keeping your head in the pic helps give perspective on your build in a way that's much more flattering. Great shade of blue/navy on the most recent suit too. You post consistently good suiting looks, and I like how you manage to give a New Orleans flavor to your style while still transcending any restrictive deep-south regionalism by adding in lots of Italian flair.

12. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. GuidoWongolini

GuidoWongolini Senior member

The HKG humidity & the rain is killing me.. Sheesh, I'm in SIN next week then KL & then SHG.. [​IMG] 12 hours in the saddle & schlepping in the rain.. Not advisable.. [​IMG]

14. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

^^Outstanding tie. Like the new color on camera strap, too.

15. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

Finally, a solid blue shirt. Spoo, looking good!

Very nice job coordinating the colors and patterns. One of your best.

Finally a nice day in NY.
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.