Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Do you have a dachshund? She sheds minimally in the turn of the warm weather, but not really. One pass with a lint roller and its good. She's also short, so can't reach much past the ankles.

Deckels Über alles!

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

This is something I have absolutely no tolerance or patience for. I was at a friend's last weekend who has a "sheddy" dog and I swear I left all my clothes in the car, wore one thing in the house and tried not to touch anything. I seriously don't know how or why y'all deal with such inconvenience and be covered in hair on nice clothing. :paranoia:

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

-5 points for you. I love my dog more than anything.

4. Kid Nickels

more than the croc double monks??!! :wow:

nah... I'm just kidding. I know people really love their pets and I've had other friends with cats and dogs whom I've really enjoyed... it's just when it comes to pet hair on my nice duds it's no more Mr. Nice Guy!

5. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

Well don't you sound like a giant ball of fun.

6. Kid Nickels

I'm all about fun as long as your dog isn't jumping, slobbering and getting hair all over me. and just because I mind dog hair on my clothing doesn't have any relation to my "fun factor"... just maybe your dog won't think I'm fun :lol:

7. Kid Nickels

ok.. enough of this dog shit (haha)

this square caught my eye and I was wondering where you got it... then I clicked on the pic and noticed it's Etro... no wonder I like it. :nodding:

8. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

THis looks great, and I don´t even mind the hat, but what is up with your PSs dude?? They´re going crazy!! This one seems like a fatened up red lips vagina trying to escape from your jacket...

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Dogs are amazing. I love mine. :inlove:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Lionheart Biker

Could you sound more pretentious?

11. Lionheart Biker

In real life, in the streets, most people who wear suits look like crap. Pants too long and/or baggy, shirts 1 or 2 sizes too big, horrible fitting jackets and shoes that, if posted here, could cause posters to hurl. Compare to those, people here look amazing. There´s nothing normal about MC. The vast majority of the population that choose or have to wear suits, look nothing like those who usually post here. Yes, surely there are guys out there who know the concept of fit, but most people don´t, because they don´t care or mainly because they just don´t know better.

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

What if they're just wearing yohji or junya? :confused:

13. Tirailleur1

Tirailleur1 Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hey I likes em puffy (The PS that is) [​IMG]

14. APK

APK Senior member

The Yohji aesthetic isn't for me, but there are a couple of posters is SW&D who have really mastered the look. I appreciate it from a visual aspect, even if they aren't clothes I myself would wear. To your question, "what does it achieve?" Cannot someone dress in a certain manner because they like it or they like the way it makes them feel? If your profession doesn't box you into a certain aesthetic, then why not wear what you're comfortable in; what makes you feel good? The aforementioned members who wear mostly Yohji aren't terribly concerned with how others perceive their manner of dress. They know that to the average person, their ensembles look odd and maybe even off-putting. Yet that doesn't deter them from the look, because they aren't dressing themselves with the mindset of what other people will or won't approve of.

You seem to have a lot of thought invested in how others see you. You mentioned one of the influencing factors in how you dress is that you associate that look with the social circle you'd like to occupy. If that works for you, fine. A lot of people do it. As such, it can be easy to forget that there are some people who aren't concerned with how odd someone else thinks their clothes are. That perception is irrelevant to the bigger priority: How a certain look makes them feel.

15. Lionheart Biker

[​IMG] It´s not the same wearing a yohji or junya suit, that go for the looser fit, than to wear a suit that´s supposed to fit right and end up looking like you´re being swallowed by your outfit. There´s good baggy and bag baggy.

Example of how not to do it. He has extra fabric to make a new suit.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.