• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How you do have 10,000 posts on a style devoted website and dress like this? Untucked sloppy white shirt with pants that are too baggy and long paired with uninspired shoes that are bordering on sneakers? Is this a prank?

facepalm.gif

You think there´s only one way of dressing? You have no idea what he´s trying to achieve with this fit. I think your lack of knowledge reflects on YOUR post count.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eighty-some degrees on the Ides of March. That calls for spring colors and no socks.
(Shirt is mint green but always looks washed out in photos.)

Leaning-83.jpg

Midrange.jpg

Closeup-149.jpg

Feet-88.jpg

BB jacket, tie, and square
Hemrajani shirt
Polo belt
BR slacks
JAB bucks
od/ot socks

Last edited:

BobD

Reaction score
Hello.

A second tentative step into the sharkpool.

This was today: (apologies for the poor blackberry pics)

Shoes: Lottusse
Tie: Soer knitted
Shirt: Linus
Suit: Joop Grey with fine blue stripes.

Be gentle :)

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

What is the post count threshold that unlocks an appreciation for this outfit?

you don't need any particular number, you just gotta have the slightest modicum of good taste with a bit of knowledge about what you're looking at. i guess it helps if you've heard of the labels which are, without doubt, more likely to be appreciated elsewhere (yohji yamamoto jacket, damir doma shirt + trousers from several seasons ago). those aren't sneakershoes either, they're boots. admittedly look awkward in that pic, but it is what it is. i just posted this here because it's probably the closest I've come to wearing a formal outfit in some while. the one suit I do own is a spring/summer '09 raf simons in some crazy shark-skin-looking black fabric so I don't imagine that will ring much of a bell either ? anyway, i prefer yohji's take on the anti-fit men's wear, smashing Wagnerian traditions during his one venture in operatic costume-making. The volume is quite fun to play with, as are the fabrics (though I've no doubt here people can appreciate the best of textiles).

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That shah outfit had something close to 60 likes. It won't ever make sense to MC.

^ This.

My post count comment was just because the poster who criticized Shah´s fit said something really dumb like: "How can you have over 10000 posts and dress like that?", which was quite the asinine remark.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read this joke recently- "he's so narrow-minded he can applaud with his ears".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads