• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's going to be 80 today. Sweet. I get to rush spring.
Edit - seems we need to let this jacket out a smidge in the waist.

I like it. Love cotton/linen blends, wish I could afford more worthwhile ones like those. Should I even ask if I could afford the pants?

Love this look. One thing though, I'm not fond of the black belt and brown shoe combo.

belt is blue, fyi

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, well I was born in 1985, so I only have films as reference points.

I'm certainly not an optician, but just a fan of the look. I'm also slightly biased based on my desire to work on Wall Street since graduating law school in fall.

As I was born in 1955, you've officially made me feel old. As for Wall St., that's my work neighborhood - the romance of working in the financial services industry has worn off in the intervening 35 years, but I wish you well in your career ambitions.

As for tortoiseshell eyeglass frames, they simply help me channel my inner WASP :satisfied:.

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As I was born in 1955, you've officially made me feel old. As for Wall St., that's my work neighborhood - the romance of working in the financial services industry has worn off in the intervening 35 years, but I wish you well in your career ambitions.
As for tortoiseshell eyeglass frames, they simply help me channel my inner WASP
satisfied.gif

You work in finance? Weird. I'd always pictured you as a museum director. You may have to change careers.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You work in finance? Weird. I'd always pictured you as a museum director. You may have to change careers.

My academic background is art history - the only thing that prevented me from pursuing a career in museums was lack of a healthy-sized trust fund or a pronounced taste for poverty for much of my career. My museological career now merely consists of writing checks to museums on an annual basis. :)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

My academic background is art history - the only thing that prevented me from pursuing a career in museums was lack of a healthy-sized trust fund or a pronounced taste for poverty for much of my career. My museological career now merely consists of writing checks to museums on an annual basis. :)

I might start doing this. After viewing the Steins this past Saturday amidst all of the rude tourists and screaming children. I think better "curated" crowds might "suit" me better.

calisanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Haha, well I was born in 1985, so I only have films as reference points.

I'm certainly not an optician, but just a fan of the look. I'm also slightly biased based on my desire to work on Wall Street since graduating law school in fall.

Goldman just got an opening. You will need to move to London though.:teach:

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Slacks seem to fit fine, but jacket fits quite poorly. Jacket is too short, sleeves are too short, and the buttoning point is too high. As others have said, way too much of your shirt is showing below the button.
It's not terrible, but it's not how I like a suit to fit personally. But I don't think there's much a tailor could do to remedy that.
So do you think the suit fits terribly? If so, what can I do to remedy this? I just took it to my tailor and he said it looks good and I spent a few hundred dollars having the suit tailored. I am a little upset that I am receiving such negative feedback after all the money I put into having this suit look good with my tailor.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Personally I don't think the sleeves are too short. My issues are more with the buttoning point/length/pants rise, which can't really be altered. It doesn't look terrible. If you like it, enjoy it! I'd just suggest maybe waiting a bit before going and getting 2-3 more similar suits to see if you still like the fit/silhouette after living with it for longer and seeing other silhouettes on SF and blogs, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads