• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tumblr_m0kvtoJorU1qapbr2o1_500.jpg

You know, man, your clothes all really look great and I'm impressed that at such a young age you're successfully balancing the right amounts of saturated colours and neutrals, solids with textures, etc. without overdoing it. You're dressing sharp without looking like a dandy, and I think you're mixing youthful and grown-up elements in a good ratio.

That said, you have the kind of face where if I saw you on the street I'd probably smack the **** out of you.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL!

I feel like the whole wardrobe is too tapered, it looked extremely uncomfortable, then again I wouldn't know. Can you raise your arms out, or extent your legs without stretching the fabric? It also makes the head looked larger. Then again, these are personal preference, but I don't see how anyone would want to look like a bubble head and overly tapered leg opening with clown shoes. In terms of proportion, the width of your head is 60% of your shoulder width. Apart from that, I do think the color coordination is fantastic. Keep up the good work! Cheers.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:laugh: Not likely my friend.
:confused: Maybe the pictures don't show, but the pants are a light charcoal herringbone.

Than it was my monitor not accurately depicting the shade. :) Well done.

Last edited:

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you, Tibor, but considering the source of yesterday's suit, I'd be just as likely to be cruisin' down Threadneedle St. to Handel's "Zadok the Priest" - that look is very City of London.

Thank you for educating me. :) I especially needed to know that because the English are my main source of inspiration in Style & History.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks all, for your comments and suggestions. All noted and considered. Tomorrow being Friday, Im not sure how to continue an austere trend faced with a much anticipated weekend.

rob

Reaction score
Also, the issue of shortening the trousers begs the question: how wide is the cuff?

I await the day when I read the use of "beg the question" used incorrectly less than five times. Read a beginner logic book.

Rob

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

quick snap
wearing a new tie (thanks davesmith)
should take whatever is in my left pants pocket out

Last edited:

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also a pocket square that is somewhat unrealted to the rest of the outfit, something with dark green perhaps.

I really liked the blue houndstooth PS with that outfit, pB, but I still see your point. Which of my 3 green squares would have met with your approval? (Other members are invited to share their opinions, as well.)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

kevinshow

Reaction score
Suit: Tomorrow Land
Tie: Drake's London
Shirt: Azabu Tailor
Shoes: Crockett & Jones Handgrade Belgrave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads