1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barims

barims Senior member

I am also a great example of what happens after taking hallucinogens in a haberdashery

2. southernstyle

southernstyle Senior member

Everything was good (not a fan of the shirt but thats just personal taste) until it got to the pants. In my opinion the pant rise is much too low for the rest of the look, you have your pants sitting on your hips and JCrew did you no favors by cutting them for teenage hipsters.

Always a pleasure to see someone with so much personal style

Peyote drum circle under the suit racks?

3. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Senior member

Spoo, that kiton shirt is particularly awesome. reminds me of the epic shirts at the kiton NYC store on my May visit

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  4. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

I disagree. This pants rise thing is getting really funny. Spoos look is fine for a casual friday summery look. I also bet those are classic fit bowerys which are medium rise. If anything the disparity is likely because spoo usualyl wears a tie which fills up more of the room in his torso, if that makes sense.

1 person likes this.
  5. ianGP

ianGP Senior member

From this morning: (my bad for overexposure? just quick snaps so i can enjoy the weekend :))

[​IMG]
    SC: Kiton
    Shirt: local MTM
    Trous: Levis Cream chinos
    Shoes: Alden
    PS: Tom Ford
    Belt: RLPL

Just got out of work early :slayer: and changed the bottom half for the rest of the afternoon/evening on out:

[​IMG]
    Jeans: Naked & Famous
    Shoes: Gaziano Girling

4 people like this.
  6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

nice ian, but in the top pic it seems a bit snug in teh crotch area. not that i noticed, just someone told me that. :uhoh:

3 people like this.
  7. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

I'm not sure that you understand Ed the way that I do.

8. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

This is, I think the third tie-free Spoo shot in two weeks? I fear for fashion, civility and the American man.

9. in stitches

im not sure anyone understands ed the way you do.

:confused:

10. in stitches

:freeze:

11. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

So my friend was nice enough to get me a gift for passing my comps. It is a pretty staple color linen jacket from belvest. I didn't try it on before hand but I got it in the mail today. I am thinking I may need to take the waist in about a half an inch, it measures 21 inches across and my best fitting jackets (according to the feedback I have gotten) are 19.5-20 inches across. Thoughts? Also, it is a 3 roll 2, was shipped with the top button done up, not sure why.
    Edit: changed to a chest level picture but lower quality. sorry.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

This is not a particularly flattering cut on you. The shoulders may fit, but they look quite narrow in comparison to your hips. I think that RTW presents problems for you, because your hips are wider than your shoulders. You need extended shoulders to balance your hips. It will be difficult to find that extension on a lot of RTW. The hips of RTW also generally don't have enough cloth to allow the fronts to close properly. The bottom button and buttonhole should be aligned on that coat, not spread apart. I actually think that waist looks fine. You generally have too much suppression, in my opinion.

13. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Hmm that is frustrating. The fabric is nice and he can't sell it back. I can assure you my hips are not wider than my shoulders though. I could give measurements but it isn't necessary, though they are wider than I would like given the rest of my body shape. I'll see what I can do with it.

14. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

+1. The shoulder expression is what isn't working here, but the waist is perhaps the most flattering I've seen on him lately.

1 person likes this.
  15. zalb916

zalb916 Senior member

It appears that you changed the picture. The fit looks different from before. I trust that your hips are not actually wider than your shoulders. In the previous picture, the hips just appeared wider because of the cut of the coat. That was unflattering. The new picture is an improvement.

16. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Naw I noticed it looked horrible and the angle was shit, so I just set my macbook at chest level and snapped this one.

17. GMMcL

GMMcL Senior member

Here's my fit today. Didn't have time to take pics this morning, so things are a bit worse for the wear. And I suspect I'll get some guff for the fact that the pink in the square echoes the pink in the tie (if you all can see that), but I thought it worked.
    Suit:: Paul Stuart by Samuelsohn, double vent, ticket pocket single reverse pleat trouser; Shirt: Borrelli brown and blue micro check on a white field Tie: Kiton 7 fold with pink geometric design Square: Pink cotton herringbone Shoes: *cough* Cole Haan *cough* cap toe oxfords [​IMG][​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

[​IMG]

Shoes are actually black chelsea boots.

Impossible to tell from the pic but the facings, tie and cummerbund are grosgrain. Tie, cummerbund And linen square are purple label :slayer: the shirt is black label, tux is polo corneliani. Shoulder looks funky in the pic, Fine in real life...but feel free to tell me about it.

Dn't have studs just yet, working on acquiring some Tiffany ball studs, at the moment these are just the mop buttons.

Love this shirt, They really did a great job on it in my opinion.

5 people like this.
  19. Sleven

Sleven Well-Known Member

Any Nickelback reference that doesn't include Steel Panther is an insult; given your name and your insult to a sheep PS I did laugh :)

20. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    been a really long time since i suited up
    will try to take better pics next time

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.