• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still raining and on flood alert today.....

Details -
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork white poplin
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear un-lined 7 fold Navy Grenadine
Shoes: Tan Shipton & Heneage Adelaides (by C&J)

Boom!

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen, for your kind words. ianGP, Threadbearer, IST66 "This is awesome, sir!", upr_crust, Citan1145 "absolutely lovely cp. classic", Kappelan "lovely suit and tie!", Anden "Great tie and knot!", and Cliche "This is nice, but somehow I dont like the pocketsquare here. A normal white plain would be so much nicer!"

I appreciate Cliche's good observation, of which I agree.

Regarding the attire of music school students, keep in mind that life is tough--spending hours and hours in dreary, airless practice sound cubicles. :happy:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Still raining and on flood alert today.....

Details -
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork white poplin
Tie: Henry Carter Neckwear un-lined 7 fold Navy Grenadine
Shoes: Tan Shipton & Heneage Adelaides (by C&J)

While we have seen this suit before, it needs to be seen often. Here is a superb example of simple, clean, and elegant. It is smart looking even without a PS. The chile colored shoes add a touch of daring.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the ****** pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod /other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.

Step 1: Burn tie
Step 2: Get over yourself
Step 3: Buy tripod

:fonz:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This evening, I am off to a different sort of museum reception - a members' viewing of the Whitney Biennial, an event less like a conventional museum opening, and more like the emptying out of Williamsburg and Bushwick of all of its trust-fund bohemians, so as to view the bleeding edge of contemporary art (about which the less said the better). The art isn't the only eyeful at this event - the crowd is at least as entertaining to view as the alleged art.

The formality of yesterday's attire would be totally out of proportion to the gravity of this evening's event, hence the relative informality of today's attire.

Sports jacket, shirt, PS, suede vest, boots and cap - BB
Trousers - JAB
Raincoat - Aquascutum
Scarf - RLPL

IMGP1768458x1280.jpg

IMGP1769481x1280.jpg

IMGP1770646x1280.jpg

IMGP17651046x1280.jpg

IMGP1766851x1280.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This evening, I am off to a different sort of museum reception - a members' viewing of the Whitney Biennial, an event less like a conventional museum opening, and more like the emptying out of Williamsburg and Bushwick of all of its trust-fund bohemians, so as to view the bleeding edge of contemporary art (about which the less said the better). The art isn't the only eyeful at this event - the crowd is at least as entertaining to view as the alleged art.
The formality of yesterday's attire would be totally out of proportion to the gravity of this evening's event, hence the relative informality of today's attire.
[/SPOILER]

Have fun tonight! The Sherman exhibit was great. It was a lot bigger (in amount and literal size of some of the work) and darker than I expected. Had a great time.

Citan1145

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry for the ****** pics.  I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures.  Soon enough I'm sure.  

Suit: Zegna Napoli Couture
Shirt: Tyrwhitt
Tie: Zegna
PS: Talbott
Shoes: Florsheim Imperial

This was my first time ever wearing a pocket square, and the one - and only - pocket square I own (thanks Spoo!).  I tried. REALLY TRIED not to "match too close", but every other tie I could come up with was either ridiculously boring (blue), or just plain ridiculous (red/purple/pink).  I tried.  I have more pocket squares en route soon, so I'll give it another shot eventually. 

Maybe the boring blue tie would have been a better choice?

Sorry for the ****** pics. I haven't yet reached the point where I'm self-absorbed enough to get a tripod/other means of taking good pictures. Soon enough I'm sure.

:fonz:

He's working on numbers 2 and 3. Give him time.

RingTail

Reaction score
Any feedback on fit would be much appreciated
smile.gif

Got no response on the tailors thread, sleeves seem a little long.

Last edited:

AndroFan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Step 1: Burn tie
fing02[1].gif

Maybe the boring blue tie would have been a better choice?

He's working on numbers 2 and 3. Give him time.

Indeed. But even then, I can only hope to be able to pull off the Dig-style action shots. Hmm, I kind of liked it, but I read you both loud and clear on the tie. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads