• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tesuquegolfer
Like the SC but the pockets seem to have a mind of their own!
smile.gif

I was hoping no one would notice.
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by ctp120
Brown in town today, and cotton seersucker at that.
I don't like the look of this solid seersucker. I'm a seersucker traditionalist. Though I think a navy solid could look nice.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tshaw
'avoirdupois' - never hear that term before and used sooo elegantly!! Thanks, Crusty
laugh.gif
Needless to say, I had to look it up!!

I've been known to accidentally widen people's vocabulary - sometimes even with words one could use in polite company
devil.gif
Marshall Anthony;4404138 said:
Originally Posted by upr_crust
The Fit and details have both improved alot! Kudos sir... great combination with the shirt tie on the grey.
worship.gif

The suit photographed grey, but is actually a light (and cool) shade of brown - glad that you like in any event.
Originally Posted by MBreinin
This really looked best with my black and white longwing specs...but the boss is in the office and I don't feel like hearing the "costume" comments today..... ]
I didn't see your fit until I came home this evening (Web blocking software at my employer being what it is), but, as much as black/white spectator longwings are "costume", I think that with today's fit, you're 100% correct - they would look right.
Originally Posted by NOBD
Impressive placing of the head, king Crust (not sure how that sounds in English).
Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
UpperCrust: I just noticed the cuff links. "Noble"
The placement of my head in today's photo was entirely accidental, and only royal or noble appellation usually linked to my name is "queen".
laugh.gif
, but thanks for the thoughts, at least.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
No doubt about it; miles better. Congratulations on the ongoing weight loss.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
A much cooler/more overcast day, so I'm having to bring the bright colours and flowers myself:

Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Good fit, Señor Crust. Cheers on the slimming.
Thanks gentlemen. HF, excellent fit today, and may your phrase "ongoing weight loss" be true, as I've done something most untoward with my AmEx at Paul Stuart - a POW black/white glen plaid suit, to replace its 20-year-old predecessor. As it's Paul Stuart's more slender model (and it fit, oddly enough), I was mesmerized into purchasing it - it's to be ready May 10th - photos will be taken very shortly thereafter. SB, muchas gracias.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
426_yourshoesareapproved.jpg

426_youarepartiallyapproved.jpg

426_onthefence.jpg

AS, I must admit that your "Branding" tickles me (on the fence is my favourite). I will read various threads looking for your "seals". Bravo. Incidentally, nice clothes.

Clint

ctp120

Reaction score
Thanks all around for the feedback. I'm surprised this inspired so much interest, and especially surprised by the "never seen something like that before" comments.

The contrast between white shirt and brown coat is a bit stronger than it comes across in this pic, where the yellow lighting casts a creamy tone on the shirt. To be perfectly honest, I don't think I'll ever wear this tie with this coat again either. There's definitely some formal/informal incongruity there, and it's also a little narrower than I like these days. Pants were flat-front and cream/off-white linen, fwiw.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mktitsworth
I rather like the smile. It adds something that even the best of fits cannot.

PM acecow... I think his bag would suit you well.

cronicmole

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sugarbutch
At first, I thought you were having a laugh, but are you seriously serious? A navy tote with orange straps is "mad feminine"? But it's okay if he's gay? Perhaps cronictroll would be a better name...

rolleyes.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
cronicmole-PM acecow... I think his bag would suit you well.

You really need to get over the bag and move on - you should see what I see when attending the local Farmers' markets....you would think we are all gay there, esp. in these times of everyone going 'green'.....
laugh.gif

tshaw

Reaction score
The placement of my head in today's photo was entirely accidental, and only royal or noble appellation usually linked to my name is "queen".
laugh.gif

Crusty - Hail to your 'Highness'
worship.gif
worship.gif
worship.gif
Wanna watch THE Wedding together???
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by upr_crust
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Thin White Duke
I love cotton khaki for the summer, but it's not so easy to pair up with.

Trying this out with china blue shirt and gold tie to bring upsome colour. Thoughts?

2gsh95k.jpg

I'd pair the jacket with more casual trousers (cotton or linen) and a simple plain summer tie (or sans); suits the jacket better and give it a more relaxed look. Can't really see the shoes, but they look a bit heavy and wintery.

jrd617

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
426_yourshoesareapproved.jpg

426_youarepartiallyapproved.jpg

426_onthefence.jpg

You are not Mafoofan, sorry. I don't think you can refer to yourself in the third person yet with a "stamp"

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Closeup-13.jpg

Leaning-33.jpg
Feet-37.jpg

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jrd617
You are not Mafoofan, sorry. I don't think you can refer to yourself in the third person yet with a "stamp"
He could have written "I like everything except the boutonniere" but this is more interesting; is it not? EDIT: Haven't see Manofkent in a while. I can only assume this guy got him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads