Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acecow

acecow Senior member

The more important question for this forum then is "do I look like I can afford it?"

2. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

Tell me more about the tile.

3. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Cyber Eliitist

Interesting you should look so sullen when surrounded by all those fantastic busts...

4. Gdot

Gdot Senior member

Well - if we must speak about your fit. I think your tie should have been stronger/brighter or your shirt white. It's all fine but a little bit too receding for the company you keep.

5. cliche

cliche Senior member

Love those hats you allwas use, i'm a bit to young would look foolish on me :p Maybe panamahats on summer that's it!

6. acecow

acecow Senior member

The idea is good, but looks too tight everywhere. Also, a 25% slimmer tie would do wonders.

7. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

This strikes me as a good look trying to get out of a bad one, resulting in a bit of a mish-mash.

What I mean is that the tie pattern plays very nicely with the suit fabric, and using them against a pale shirt & square and dark socks & shoes is a good instinct. I think the shirt suffers a bit from being a multistripe, but more from being an insipid multistripe. An white shirt with an evenly spaced blue hairline would have been fine (not my first choice, but fine). The shoes are too variegated in colour (and too light) for this businessy look. I'd prefer black shoes in this context, but if you're really insistent on not using them, try a much much darker brown.

(Jacket seems to be sitting a bit awkwardly in the photo, with slightly wide shoulders and slightly short sleeves, but I find it difficult to judge fit in photos, so I won't comment further. The wrist beads seem to conflict with the overall feel of the outfit, but so many people wear them these days that I guess I shouldn't fuss about that either.)

I don't normally comment so extensively, but thought this was a look that could be improved a lot by relatively small changes. Hope you take the feedback in the positive spirit intended.

8. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I thought this of yours as well.

9. acecow

acecow Senior member

Yes, I am aware of that. It was a size 34. I let out the pants and I am thinking of letting out the waist of the jacket too. The pull is exaggerated by my stance and my hand around her waist. There's almost no pull when standing straight.
    I believe that while my jacket is tight, it still works with my overall aesthetic; his is too tight period.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

10. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Wow, you don't seem that small in photos. Size 34, dang. My waist is bigger than your chest. I am a monster.

11. acecow

acecow Senior member

I'm a size 36/38 with 17.5 shoulders. Not that small actually. This suit's jacket ran a little large, but the pants wouldn't button. I let out the seat as much as I could and also the hips. Now it's almost perfect for me, besides the minor tightness in the waist. I'm still debating whether I want to spend money on that or not, because it's rather insignificant.

12. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Happy tuesday everyone. Still have not addressed the shoulder bump issue on this but my tailor confirmed for me adjusting the collar and heat shrinking this area will fix it like another member suggested last time I posted this. Still open to shirt and tie suggestions for this. I was going to wear a navy and white pindot tie with this but choose the purple club tie. Also determined the jacket sleeves need to be shortened a bit as well. The shirt is actually fine in the arms.

[​IMG]

Another pose and detail

13. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

I reckon, if those jeans were hemmed, it would look sleeker. Also, some other shoes might work better with that. Looks good, though. :)

That's a nice look, man--all the colours work well (the PS is a little too bright for my tastes--though, I see it works with the shirt), the trousers look like a nice wool (are they super 110s?), and I want to kill you for those shoes (I am saving up for leather, though, as I have too many suede shoes)--I think the jacket is a little too tight up top!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012

14. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Those are my only decent pair of jeans so I am actually looking to get another pair soon. What would you suggest? I have rather large muscular thighs and a larger seat, but a 32 waist in most jeans. As fo r the shoes, my Peal suede chukkas are prob. my most casual "nice" shoe. What would you suggest instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.