• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

depechedior

Reaction score
63edd20b-48ff-2019.jpg

Dior homme

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Trying something different...

The color of the SC looks kind of ugly when placed against the jeans and shirt - maybe a light grey would have been better.

Those shoes... kudos for originality.
biggrin.gif
Not sure if I love them or hate them...

I was lucky enough to be with Butler at his fitting for his wonderful suit, there are some more pics over on my Tumblr.
-TTO

Thanks for the pictures and story/info!

Style Forum Members: I'm getting a suit made; is there a thread for posting pictures/critiques/etc. of bespoke items and tailors?

Quote:

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more unorthodox attire. Double-breasted tweed jacket with red brogues. I actually like the result very much, but feel free to call me crazy.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for church. Devising a way to incorporate the first four measures of "The Victors" into the tenor line of the opening hymn (in celebration of Michigan's victory over OSU at last night's BB game.) A maize and blue day.

Last edited:

Digmenow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...and if anyone was wondering, last nights date was awesome. After dinner we headed to a fun place, where I found myself as a giant piece of cougar bait, as evidenced below by the horny housewives bar dancing on top of me. :D

I have my suspicions that there is eyewear that has ne'er been seen on these pages. Only the shoo cirkle guys know for sure and they ain't talkin'!

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have my suspicions that there is eyewear that has ne'er been seen on these pages. Only the shoo cirkle guys know for sure and they ain't talkin'!

You mean if I wear glasses? I do not.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In response to Threadbearer
"Isn't "The Victors" an official hymn in Ann Arbor churches to begin with?"

Yes, indeed, it is! Hymn #539-B. :happy:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jacket - boglioli
trousers - cordings
shirt - brooks brothers
pocket square - brooks brothers
tie - second-hand

SAM_2906.jpg

Thought this deserved a re-post. I really like this coat. Nicely matched with shirt, tie, and PS

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting ready for church. Devising a way to incorporate the first four measures of "The Victors" into the tenor line of the opening hymn (in celebration of Michigan's victory over OSU at last night's BB game.) A maize and blue day.

Love the tie.

You mean, you were going to try to sneak in another melody in the tenor line?

How'd that work? Did anyone notice?

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I thought that the StyFo Tenth was supposed to be in May?

:confused:

I think that I recognize a couple of the new WAYWRN guys standing on the bar. Taller than I thought, though.

I'm delighted it was a success: kudos to LA and Parker.

Last edited:

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Love the tie.

You mean, you were going to try to sneak in another melody in the tenor line?

How'd that work?  Did anyone notice? 

Thanks for the kind word.

I took the tune ST ANDREW and was able to rewrite the ATB parts so that "The Victors" (first phrase) would harmonize. It worked! I played that phrase with the tenor on a loud reed stop. Yes, people noticed. Some, even, expected it. One time, I composed a fugue based on "Victors"--but put it in minor key. I'm shameless.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I took the tune ST ANDREW and was able to rewrite the ATB parts so that "The Victors" (first phrase) would harmonize.

Wow! That's impressive, cp. I thought you were just kidding at first. Johann Sebastian would be proud of your "invention."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Special occasion:

vNJDO.jpg

WWOKB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics