HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I know that feeling. I've been limiting my workouts to keep from bulking up enough to need (more) new clothes.

BTW, even as a broke ass college student, I find ways to obtain venison and game poultry. its easier than you might think.

I'm generally the first person to throw a rock at a dude for wearing jewelry, so take this with the appropriate understanding when I say it looks fine.

2. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Thanks! I appreciate the comments. I'll take them to heart if I dare something like this again.

I am certain I could screw nearly anything up. Got, hopefully, another 4 to 7 weeks before I'm walking around in pajamas moaning for brains.

A private label brand for a regional department store. They do an LP fabric every season that they never sell in my size. So I scoop a cool jacket at the end of the season. Downside is that it has fairly strong shoulders and is of indeterminate construction quality. Canadian, so probably jack victor, which is a shame.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
  3. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Ungulates need to stick together. Just sayin'...

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Thank you, lads.

Citan, it's a suit!

5. EmptyofPurpose

EmptyofPurpose New Member

I've been a long time lurker on this forum (this thread specifically) and I'd just like to say that it makes me genuinely happy to know that there are still people who give a shit about dressing themselves correctly, given that a decent 90% of the men I know are almost totally clueless about how wear a suit (much to my chagrin)
    So for that, thank you.

6. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

7. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Yes, it is a pretty cool color. BB Milano from this past fall. Thanks for the comment! I knew I wanted a wool tie for this and the check shirt begged for a solid.

SpooPoker

ourmaninLisbon

Kappelan

inlandisland
    "Jealous of your tweed."

IST66
    "this tie is very nice

Thanks gentleman, the tie is actually very very cheap. Those of you looking for some nice, cheap, wool knit ties If you have a nordstrom rack near you I suggest you look for their 1901 brand. They are made in the USA and seem to knot fairly well for the price. I have several and am happy with them,.

Urban, yes, the suit is rather slim. I mostly got it for the fabric and the price. I am starting to move away from "slim" suits and coats but I sized up enough in this one that it is comfortable and has a bit of drape in the chest. I could have gone up another size I think but ca la vie. It is comfortable through the upper body despite the waist taper.

8. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

I am by no means the best-dressed guy here, but on behalf of the collective, thank you. [​IMG]

BTW you should come out of the closet, and show us watcha got.

Quote:
    Quote:
    And does Mrs. Spoo know about this? [​IMG]

9. GSA

GSA Member

10. Nelton

Nelton Senior member

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Are these the trousers we were talking about hte other day? I like green jumper with it; nice pairing. Might steal that idea...

I quite like this. Jacket, shoes and shirt are all good together. Not massively in love with the jeans or choice of handkerchief, but they just about work. This would look great with, say, the trousers being worn by NYR in the pic above, I think.

A fuzzy & fluffy end of the week...
    [​IMG]

12. EmptyofPurpose

EmptyofPurpose New Member

Yes I really should, as soon as I persuade my assist- girlfriend to take some photos I will, this is the only one I have at present and I'm not the biggest fan of the suit
    [​IMG]the jacket is too small and bows out a lot, I wear the pants a lot as seperates though.

13. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Yay, it's Friday. Suit and shirt, "Bach Bruder". :D
    Pocket square, Polo.
    Tie, Carrot and Gibbs

[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Valentine's Day in Paris​

<BR>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <BR>
    (I think the wool trousers could be a half inch shorter and the jeans a half inch longer (they bunch at the knees, and are raw denim), but that's being finicky; I can wear the trousers like my granddad—no worries! :) The sleeves on the shirt will shrink, too, after a couple more washes. And, I really want to replace that peacoat; it's a low percentage wool, but works for now.)​

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  15. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Something is really off about my fit today. I cannot tell if the jacket's waist needs to be shaped, or if I need to ditch the cardigan as its making the sides bulge. No time to take a pic without it though. Anyway, happy friday everyone. (Edit, changed the second picture, it was terribad).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

detail

Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.