Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

To me this is a rare miss for you. The fit on the sportcoat looks off.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Down probably about 9 lbs since the last wearing of this suit and it's not pulling as much in teh gut, thank god.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Zegna (Savile fit)
    Borrelli super saks
    Drakes reppe
    Tom Ford
    Punto
    Carmina (Simpson)

3. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

Fit seems pretty good here, but that cloth is just too close to gangster for me. Couldn't handle it.

4. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Thanks for the love.

Dig, the PS actually has some pattern, it's just blown out with the iPhonography. I think that and the suit's overcheck pull me back a bit from the Full City.

5. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Off topic, and feel free to ignore if this unsolicited comment, but are you always that hunched over, or is it just a bad photo? Try some gentle stretching exercises; it helped me a little. Otherwise you might get some back pain later on in life. Re: the jacket, I'm not a fan of concave lapels, but if you like them, the general fit will probably be OK once tailored and pressed.

[/quote name="Holdfast" url="/t/234255/hof-what-are-you-wearing-right-now-part-iii/22740#post_5209436"]

it was a very bad angle, I took it very quickly as I was on the way out the door, the camera was slanted upward and I Was trying to curve my body in the frame. I do yoga a few times a week and run, but my back has always been a problem so I try to do those to help. Thanks for the input though. I am not sure what concave lapels mean (I failed miserably in mathematics and geometry, tis why I am a social scientist) so could please explain or refer me to something? Re: The sportcoat, i got it for less than the price of a jcrew polo, so I was hoping with some tailoring it could be salvageable. The fabric is beautiful with a green windowpane running between the cream windowpane.

6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

The color and pattern co-ordination looks good, but the jacket doesn't fit well.

That suit almost looks bespoke, judging by the fit. Is it MTM?

Oh, and thank you for finally throwing the labels up for all to see.
    [​IMG]

7. IST66

IST66 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. rms340

rms340 Senior member

9. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Thanks. Obsessive thrifting and great coaching from so many of you here have made my modest improvements possible.

On an separate note, it's humorous (humourous/UK) that you chose the term "country mile" right after I went "Full City" on the last fit! :lol:

10. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

Sorry for the lousy photobooth pic. Hard to pull off darker shirts with sport coats IMO, especially during the day. Wondering if this is passable. Shirt is actually a very subtle herringbone with a very soft-finish.

[​IMG]

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Thanks for all the positive feedback to my very hurried choice of clothes today. I was sure that I was going to get slated for too much use of red, which happened simply because I was picking stuff out that would (over-)coordinate without having to think about it at all. Hmm, maybe I should try choosing items in a rush more frequently! [​IMG]

Yes, it definitely fits better. Congratulations on the weight loss. You won't like me saying it, but it's still a bit too tight across your chest. [​IMG]

I do like how you've accessorised it, esp. the shirt/tie.

What I mean is that the line of the outer border of the lapels is generally straight or sometimes slightly bellied outwards (convex). There are probably technical tailoring terms to describe this, but I don't know them. Yours curve inwards a bit (concave) in a slight crescent shape. That just a stylistic choice; and not a unique one either. Though it is rarer than the straight or bellied versions I think. It's entirely up to you whether you like that choice or not. Personally I prefer straight lapels, or just a little belly.

PS. the way I remembered which was which in school was that concave surfaces curve inwards, like the mouth of a cave. Silly, but it worked.

Yeah, they are. I sort of like this though. But I'd probably like it better with a different shirt. *shrug*

I generally like the ideas behind your outfits, though find it hard to comment on them without a fuller length pic. Not a fan of the shoes today though.

12. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Can we get another pic of the cardigan? I really like it.

13. davesmith

davesmith Affiliate Vendor

When I grow up I want to be like you. [​IMG]

14. inlandisland

inlandisland Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.