HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

You'd have to dig deep to come up with a sadder pose than this one. I had to do a line of coke and take a dump on a poodle just to feel better.

Nice jacket though.

2. Big A

Big A Senior member

Decidedly "country"

[​IMG]

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

Lmao. Wow, I feel kinda special to get the acrid treatment. Yeah, the angle was not the best, I will admit that. I swear, I look better from the back...

Now that I said that...sigh

4. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

So this seemed like a good idea when I put it on this morning. I had seen malford do this pretty awesomely, but it's probably not for me. I spent most of the day with the SC off, because it felt contrived with it on.

[​IMG]

I thought I'd post and take some online punishment to reinforce the shame. It's the catholic in me.

5. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

^ nice inverted umbrella

no ccommentary on the clothes but you kinda look like a cool dude and i like the use of the linen

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  6. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

I think this might work if the sweater had a shorter collar, and were made out of a larger knit (fewer warps/wefts per inch, or whatever the lingo is).

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

black_umbrella I'd like to see a close-up of that fabric. Looks like a nice SC... deets?

8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

well in his defense he DID just take it out of the mail .... you'd think the line would've been enough but you had to get greedy didn't you!? :lol: (poor poodle didn't make it to Westminster)

9. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

Balmorals I would suggest use straight lacing, as oppose to crossed. I think it looks much neater.

People dig fits like these, I always feel it is too small. That choking feeling lol.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
  10. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

I had something similar made by R&S in navy gingham, pretty sure the shirting was from Ringhart...

11. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

I'd say you could wear the tie with a navy blazer and a light-colored shirt. You could even go so far as to match the tie with grey pants, and wear that with a navy blazer.

12. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

IMPORTANT

Can someone please explain the love and adoration for Butler's 3-piece heavy tweed in a blizzard outfit? I get it - it's cool looking. But no one outside of me think that loafers are completely ridiculous with the rest of the clothing? Is it because Butler has transcended critique and is now what everyone wishes to look like later on in life? Someone explain.

13. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

I meant to say this earlier, but better late than never:

you've posted pics before with cardigans involved in the same context as above, and while the color-play and fit is good, I think you could improve simply by losing the cardigan. There's something about the fit of the cardigan that's bad, and in the context of the whole outfit I just don't think it looks good. Just my $0.02.

14. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

A) no. I want to look like that now.

B) I'm not a huge fan of the loafers, but I'm too busy wanking to the tweeds/rest of the fit to care.

15. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

I won't comment on the merits of the tweed or the loafers per se, but I do think that there is some visual rhetoric going on. I'd say that the respectibility of Butler's age, the way that he evidently carries himself in the photos, the beard, the harmonic snow/tweed combination, the quality of the photographs, and the SF group-think snowball that starts rolling when first one, then another, and then another respected SF member waxes eloquent about the beauty of Butler's ensemble, all contribute to making Butler's fit seem better than it would probably look in real life. I still think it looks pretty good, and I do think he makes the tassel loafers work better than most other people could, but I also think that there may be other elements at play here.

Not that it's that important. I looked at Butler's photos, appreciated and admired them, and moved on with my life. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.