HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

looks pretty nice CD.... but you've got that Rick Perry collar going on.. meaning it looks a tad large proportionally for your neck & face (from what I can see & discern based on your pix and shape). Tho' for obvious reasons I can't tell entirely.

2. nerdykarim

nerdykarim Senior member

just got back from the atl sf meetup
    navy blazer/brown cords

[​IMG]

attolini, mt, e. marinella, talbott, mabitex

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  3. furo

furo Senior member

^^ tie oddly short, pants seem baggy but hard to tell in that lighting

4. Slippybee

Slippybee Senior member

Those check strides are awesome.

Great stuff

5. IST66

IST66 Senior member

6. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

All four ensembles display imagination and a sense of daring to push the limits. While I like all of them, it is the picture on the lower left that captures my attention. The counterpoint between the tie pattern, the shirt, and that brilliant pocket square create a striking appearance.

7. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Nice shine on the shoe, sir! No matter what brand of shoe one wears, nothing makes or breaks an appearance than a well polished shoe. Your nicely shined shoes tells everyone that you take care and pride in your appearance.

As for the socks, you might consider wearing an over the calf, longer sock. Doing so would allow you to cross your legs and not have any skin showing. Personally, for this fine looking suit and conservative tie, I would choose a more subtle sock design. Just my humble opinion.

8. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Thanks Moo, and right back atcha.

Thanks man. The Blue Windowpane is a fourply but very breathable, so it will be a spring SC. I wish i had bought another two yards and gone full nutter with a suit of that, but there's no more. The Glen Plaid will be a suit and the blue plaid is a heavy Tweed for next winter. The trousers were some random no name fabric I saw on B&S ages ago I got for next to nothing.

If its not Scottish...its crap.

Thanks BU

LOL, Thanks CP. Unfortunately my local running shop shut down so I may be in a different shoe soon. Though, I did get two pairs as partial payment for running a youth clinic there, and I'm still on my first pair.

Thanks, I was just looking twoards picking up my new OC!

Cheers SB

9. patrick_b

patrick_b Senior member

Thank you.

10. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Senior member

[​IMG]

11. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

^ Very keep calm and carry on.

12. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

13. A.J.V

A.J.V Senior member

14. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

May I ask the deets on the shirt? If it is indeed ModerTailor, may I ask what particular style of collar that is? I like it, thank you.

15. DKSnider

DKSnider Active Member

My first post in this side of WAYWRN - I've got a presentation coming up for my Senior Seminar course, and I want to make the effort to stand out from the horde of engineering students wearing shirt and tie who look like they've forgotten to bring their jacket. I don't often have the opportunity to wear suits, though I certainly enjoy making the effort when I can - as a result I don't necessarily have the critical eye that most here possess, and I need a lot of help with the simple things - basic fit, matching, and so on. Here are my notes on the fit:

1. If I button the jacket, I look like I'm fat - I don't know whether it's because of the flannel jacket over the flannel waistcoat over the thick grenadine or because of the tailoring of the jacket, but at 6'2" and 155 pounds I'm certainly not as corpulent as the clothes make me look. (Same sort of thing is going on with my legs I think, and I'm not sure why - maybe I'm secretly overweight and I just haven't noticed.) Is going unbuttoned like I've done OK?

2. I really need to work on folding pocket squares.

3. I know that a lot of the things I'm wearing - french cuff shirt (though the links aren't really visible in any of the shots), three piece suit, dub monks - are sort of unorthodox and may come off as affectations, especially on a mid-twenties engineering student, but I enjoy making the extra effort. Of course, if it comes off as costumey and I'm not realizing it... [​IMG]

Any feedback on anything - even basics like "does it fit" - would be much appreciated. I want to make the effort to look good, but I'm certainly still working on developing a sense for all the aspects of style!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (aping those who came before me, haha)
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.