HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndw

ndw Senior member

Shirt and Tie: Marshall Anthony

Any details about this? I really like both the shirt and tie. Do you run your own clothing co?

2. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    Late shots...I've been working like a dog on a big project due end of week. And Louisville is on its way to being underwater. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

At least you have the right shoes on for it. Stay dry!

3. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Good pose, crusty.

I think sitting pics go wrong more often than right. Fred## and nii have shown good examples, but the risk of failure is high, IMO. I will admit pics without shoes on (yes, people still do that) are even worse. (Is this a "just saying" moment?)

4. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

Wow what a contrast to NM - "March 2011 ranked as the third driest in the last 117 years." [​IMG]

Keep me up to date on the flooding.

Mike

At least you have the right shoes on for it. Stay dry!

We're supposed to get 5+ more inches of rain between now and Wednesday, and if the river rises 10 more feet like they say it could, it'd put it in the top ten all time floods. Not catastrophic, but still enough to make things difficult.

5. Marshall Anthony

Marshall Anthony Well-Known Member

…...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  6. Marshall Anthony

Marshall Anthony Well-Known Member

7. srivats

srivats Senior member

Pants are ridin' kinda high.

And nothing wrong with that. I loathe low rise pants.

8. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Yes, online retail (www.marshallanthony.com) at the moment of mainly neckwear crafted by my own hand. I personally craft neckties, bowties, handkerchiefs, and braces. PM me for more info or item specific inquiry. I'm still a newbie on the forum getting into the swing of things. [​IMG]

Really clean and good looking site. Some lovely stuff there.

9. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

Nice hair

I think sitting pics go wrong more often than right. Fred## and nii have shown good examples, but the risk of failure is high, IMO. I will admit pics without shoes on (yes, people still do that) are even worse. (Is this a "just saying" moment?)

I don't get the love for Fred's photos. He seems to get unanimous praise for his pics which appear to show beautiful suit fabrics and nice shirt, tie and shoe combinations (in a nicely appointed pad) but it's impossible to tell how they fit with him always being sat down.
    As for the chairs, my parents had black vinyl versions of them in the seventies and they should remain in the seventies!

10. cronicmole

cronicmole Senior member

acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.

11. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

I don't get the love for Fred's photos. He seems to get unanimous praise for his pics which appear to show beautiful suit fabrics and nice shirt, tie and shoe combinations (in a nicely appointed pad) but it's impossible to tell how they fit with him always being sat down.
    I understand what you're saying. What I was saying (or trying to say), is that most sitting pics look silly; the ones I remember from Fred and nii don't. I agree you can't see much in them, in terms of fit.

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

acecow--that bag in the picture Saturday errands is mad feminine.

Well, it's a regular unisex cotton tote that I use for groceries or carrying whatever is needed from one place to another. I certainly don't see it as feminine, even after taking another look upon reading your comment.

13. Navi

Navi Senior member

[​IMG]

Post more, this is awesome as hell!

14. Digmenow

Digmenow Senior member

Originally Posted by Ianiceman [​IMG]
    Nice car diggers. Everything else ...
    digmenow, I dig the digmobile.
    Well, at least I got one thing right.
    Digmenow, don't take this personally, but this fit is all kinds of awful. The trousers are too big for you, and at least 2" too long (although I think you recognize they are too big, so don't hesitate, buy some new ones, today); the colors are all reminiscent of autumn, very drab, and then boom, the blue shoes.
    I'm having difficulty adjusting to a sleeker fit so sizing is a new issue for me. Those were a bit big in the waist and had slipped down, giving the impression of too much length. The blue shoes seemed like a much better idea when I thought of it than when I saw them in the pics. I think I need to learn to walk before I try to run.
    +1. Standing in front of that car also gives me the impression of used car salesman.
    First good top down day and I didn't have a pic of myself with the car...Looks like I still don't!
    you already have the right car. are these the original rims? they look like a newer version. probably for US restrictments.
    Good eye. The car is an '81 and came with 'bundt' alloys in 14" but a previous owner made the swap to the '92 15" alloy, allowing a MUCH larger selection of performance tires.
    Originally Posted by Threadbearer [​IMG]
    Dear god, Dig. No. Just no.
    Yup.
    Message received. It's just that I've got a need for that BB seersucker SC next month and I have to find a way to make it work. This, obviously, wasn't it! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Thanks for taking the time, gents. A journey of a thousand miles starts with eggs in a basket...or something like that.

15. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

As for the chairs, my parents had black vinyl versions of them in the seventies and they should remain in the seventies!

I understand both points. Seated poses tend to emphasize every ounce of excess avoirdupois - the pose that I took in today's "extra" shot avoided most of that phenomenon. Trust me, I am more than somewhat sensitive to looking fatter than IRL.

As for Fred's photos, it's amazing that he can look that good seated, but, for forensic sartorialism (i.e. so that the rest of us can see exactly how well put together he is), it runs counter to that purpose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.