HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

Low on coherence, high on caffeine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I really want to hate this, in a visceral way, but the fact that your Sweedish turns it into a sort of "cool euro" vibe.

3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

New suit today. Would like your guys feedback on this one. I have the waist "curved" at ralph lauren, otherwise untouched, just pants hemmed. Not sure how to pair this without succumbing to the low hanging fruit of a purple tie. Would love feedback on fit also, considering Vox's great points over the last few days. Right away I can tell you my concern that this is a polo I cut and the shoulders are a bit big, but, ce la vie, I really loved the suit otherwise. Again included crap quality photo for a front on view, always seems to look different :shrugs: (Also, collar points did not iron well today, usually they are more "spread")

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

It might just be the girl.

5. EFV

EFV Senior member Dubiously Honored

It might just be the girl.

6. cliche

cliche Senior member

Nice but I dont like the scarf :(

7. Artigas

Artigas Senior member

Citan, I like it... I know you are looking for more learned opinions, so go ahead and keep waiting for them, but I appreciate the fact that I can look at your photos and tell it's you by the cut of your jacket without having to look at your name.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

Fabric is really nice; I used to have a not terribly dissimilarly-patterned jacket that I really liked. Not entirely certain I'm on board with it as a full suit, but it's definitely distinctive and you could always mix and match the halves if you get tired of it as a suit. As for fit, it's basically OK and I think looks better than some of the other items you've posted (though I suppose photo angle may be an issue with some of them). If I were nitpicking, I'd say that for my tastes the waist is a bit out of kilter with the shoulders and skirt of the jacket. It gives the jacket a slightly wasp-waisted look. Given that you said the jacket shoulders are a bit big for you, I guess the chest might be too, and that might be the reason for the visual discrepancy as the eye moves down from chest through to waist. Whether it's worth letting the waist out depends on which bugs you more: a slightly loose waist, or a slightly wasp-waisted appearance. Whenever I've had this dilemma due to a slightly larger chest than ideal, I've left the waist a bit looser to compensate, what I like might not be what you like. I think it's more personal preference than anything else.

In terms of matching it, pale blue shirts certainly work. So would cream, and obviously lilac would co-ordinate if perhaps slightly overly so for some tastes. You might want to experiment - at least in terms of laying outfits out to see what works - with stripes (esp. wider stripes) and checks; the suit can take probably take a bit of competing visual interest without suffering. Ties: you've got a large variety of options in terms of texture, as anything other than an formal-looking slick silk would add a nice bit of interest to centre the look. Vaux-le-Vicomte posted a really good look with 3 strong patterns in suit/shirt/tie balanced together a few pages or so ago. Completely different colour palette to yours, but might give you some ideas about patterns and balancing the visual interest.

9. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

I left feedback on your comment but I def. got it for its "mix and match" versatility. Honestly, the fact it is a suit was an added bonus. I actually was going to use a striped shirt today so maybe I will try that next time with a complimentary color tie in a solid.

10. greger

greger Senior member

Wow! I like that cloth.

11. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

From today, when I accompanied all four Mozart Horn concerti...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

13. XKxRome0ox

XKxRome0ox Senior member

[​IMG]
    can i has purple label?
    man... it was marked down twice + extra 30% off because it's a winter clearance item
    subtle pinstripe
    did not know there were RLPL's with flat front pants and slimmer cuts

also tried on some attolini and borreli suits at the shopthefinest warehouse

i did put the BB milano on hold but... now it doesn't excite me anymore
    boo

14. chogall

chogall Senior member

I am not a tailor, first of all, and specific fit questions should be better directed to guys like jefferyd.

There are two lumps at your shoulder that's probably produced by balance problem of the jacket. Specifically, the upper back is cut a bit too long and the excess fabrics are creasing up, producing a collar roll effect. That collar roll is pronounced and extended to your shoulders.

Shouldn't be too hard to fix by a tailor. A bit of heat shrinking usually does the trick; if not, they just have to lower the collar a bit.

Otherwise I think the jacket fits fine; shoulders width is spot on. Can't tell much for the pants; would need a profile picture to make sure that they are draping correctly.

15. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

You don't like the scarf, or you don't like it with the other pieces? I think we might just have to differ if it's the former...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.