• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I worked as a public saftey officer patrolling public property and enforcing the califorina penal code system for a semi-public managment corportation that administers my community of Little Italy. I was never a peace officer just an enforcer sometimes in uniform for my nieghbohhod Little Italy as the DA, SDPD, the local Sicilians, Neapolitans and Chaldeans gave me the go ahead to do what it takes to keep our community safe and my salary was paid by the local Catholic Church: Our Lady of the Rosary.

You **** with this at your own risk:
LL

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hi everyone,
This will be my second post on here, so please be gentle.
In saying that, I am here to learn. Constructive criticism is most welcome.
After a long Sunday at church and the office:

It looks pretty well sorted for a second post. Very good.

Your collar could easily be a size or two smaller and adding a pocket square would complete the outfit.

Ianiceman

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

OMFG! Everyone decide to up the thread quality?
Anyways, intentional collar button sprezz?

What quality? For one of te elder statesmen of this board Manton has **** quality photographs. Can barely make out what's going on with the light balance and yellow background. And any reverence I may have harboured for his outfit is erased by the lame non use of collar buttons. If anyone posted pics of a shirt with collar points that long they would get slaughtered on here, so why should long point unbuttoned OCBD collars not get the same treatment?

NotDickDiver

Reaction score

What quality? For one of te elder statesmen of this board Manton has **** quality photographs. Can barely make out what's going on with the light balance and yellow background. And any reverence I may have harboured for his outfit is erased by the lame non use of collar buttons. If anyone posted pics of a shirt with collar points that long they would get slaughtered on here, so why should long point unbuttoned OCBD collars not get the same treatment?

Indeed. The minimum he should honour us with is a Hasselblad H4D-40 so tat we can gawk deep into his skin. Yeah. Everything for the internet.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gazzy, Maomao and Manton in one day? Is it proof of a providential (sartorial) universe?

wannabe

Reaction score
Alright. Round 5 of wannabe's sartorial success.

This time, I wore the same tie and PS as I did in the previous round, which can be seen here:

[Okay. Round 4 of wannabe's sartorial success. Leggo!
Round 1, 2, and 3:
Most of the advice from the last round was about the pants and jacket being too small, and the jacket body being too suppressed. It took a picture of me in a suit to realize, "****, my suit is too damn small!" I've tried to address these issues in the this round of my climbing the sartorial ladder.
WAYWT122611C.jpg

WAYWT1226113.jpg

WAYWT1226114.jpg

gray herringbone with faint thin red stripe 3-piece suit.
pink shirt.
3.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.
The only things I did on this suit was to lengthen the sleeves, lengthen the waistcoat, and re-cut the trousers. I also asked my tailor to lengthen the pants' leg opening by 3/4 of an inch, which I think solves my "your pants are too skinny/tight" discussion. The jacket is also about 1/2 inch longer than Round 3's jacket, which I feel fits me a little better.
Yes, no, maybe so? Comments and suggestions are always welcomed!

WAYWT129121.jpg

WAYWT129122.jpg

I went with a blue shirt this time, and I feel that it worked out for the better.

navy blue with orange/light blue pinstripe suit.
light blue shirt.
.75" red/navy/white striped tie.
burgundy polka dot PS.
silver skagen.
brown quarter brogues.

The suit is actually about 0.5" longer than in the picture (I was standing weird), and I think that does the trick to make the suit "slightly short" rather than "way too short". On other note, I definitely think that I've nailed down my pants fit based on comments from the previous rounds.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariaAguirre