• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd love some feedback on the fit of this jacket. It's an Oxxford one I bought through B&S. Also, I went with a white shirt today, but now I wonder if light blue would be better. Thoughts?

Jacket: Oxxford camel hair
Tie: Canali
Shirt: MTM
Trousers: Brooks Brothers
Shoes: AE

IMHO the top half looks kind of summery, so I think a different color of shirt would be an improvement.

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score

uZa1I.jpg
0n3Uq.jpg
HVOmT.jpg
3of24.jpg

Nice, o/o. Don't see many flannel 6x1s around here. Classic look. Have you considered moving in the top four buttons, so that the angle on the V isn't so wide? I think it would be more flattering if the middle right show button sat right next to the lapel buttonhole, and the top right show was close to the lapel edge. Sort of like Astaire's 6x1s, with their acute-angled Vs. I think this would give a better balance between torso length and torso breadth.

Last edited:

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally summer downunder..... 31c degrees today​

Seen - Not quite Navy Herringbone Sydney 3/2 worsted suit
White poplin cottonwork shirt
Blue check silk "Henry Carter Neckwear" tie

Not Seen - Pocketsquare (I'm not wearing one)
Brown calf Loake 1880 Double Monks​

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's finally summer downunder..... 31c degrees today

Seen - Not quite Navy Herringbone Sydney 3/2 worsted suit
White poplin cottonwork shirt
Blue check silk "Henry Carter Neckwear" tie
Not Seen - Pocketsquare (I'm not wearing one)
Brown calf Loake 1880 Double Monks​

That is F*cking sharp. I like the tie because its a bit offbeat for such a clean cut shirt/suit. Nice.

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For those of you who commented on my lack of a pocket square (and to others who require a pocket square with every jacket): I feel less and less like a pocket square is mandatory. Sometimes, I prefer to let other elements of my fit do the talking.

+ 1,000

anginaprinzmetal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Suddenly I remembered why I don't take pics outdoors on windy winter days with direct sun ...
way.jpg

Truer colors below. Footwear, not pictured, is dark brown RM Williams chelseas.
wayclose.jpg

Tweed and white shirts don't mix. I look forward to Vox's instructional thread.

seriously dude... you need to post more often... :worship:

Romain

Reaction score
Interesting outfit. There are several elements I dislike, largely for irrational reasons (the tie, the turnback cuffs), but the outfit as a whole looks professional and put together with care. That's a neat trick to pull off.

WHY DO YOU HAT... :rotflmao:
Thanks, the cuffs were a trial, I think I will get more as they are more practical than French cuffs for office use, and nicer than simple cuffs.

Good morning gents

I love everything about this, conservative with the right amount of edge and personality. Well executed.

Thank you Tibor, this is exactly what is was trying to do. Glad it worked. :)

Love this, very nice suit and shirt. I really like your style
Cheers Nick

:blush: Thanks Nick

Ths is a class act Romain. You keep upping your game. Excellent!! :)

Thank you :slayer: , I don't know if I could up it more. At least with my current closet's content....

Last edited:

cliche

Reaction score
Did I miss a memo? Is January Ridiculous Pattern Combination Month? What the **** is going on in here?

Im siting in the office now and im reading under your picture: Location: I'M IN MIAMI, *****, hahahahah laughing real hard that was darn funny!

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Did I miss a memo? Is January Ridiculous Pattern Combination Month? What the **** is going on in here?

Even though I may have contributed to that myself.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics