• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Haha thanks alot! The shirt maybe is little long will tailor that. But the jacket is straight from a tailor you think its long?

I didn't know corneliani only was for young people is it :p?

The jacket is probably the correct length then and you just need to pull your cuffs thru a bit more maybe.

No Corneliani is not only for young people, but i think their marketing is directed toward the younger who can take the slimmer fits etc.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suddenly I remembered why I don't take pics outdoors on windy winter days with direct sun ...

way.jpg

Truer colors below. Footwear, not pictured, is dark brown RM Williams chelseas.

wayclose.jpg

Tweed and white shirts don't mix. I look forward to Vox's instructional thread.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I worked as a public saftey officer patrolling public property and enforcing the califorina penal code system for a semi-public managment corportation that administers my community of Little Italy. I was never a peace officer just an enforcer sometimes in uniform for my nieghbohhod Little Italy as the DA, SDPD, the local Sicilians, Neapolitans and Chaldeans gave me the go ahead to do what it takes to keep our community safe and my salary was paid by the local Catholic Church: Our Lady of the Rosary.

Soooo -- brown shirt or black?

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Against my better judgement, I will start a thread about this topic later this evening.
It will be called, "Practical Thoughts on Coherent Combinations for Beginners."
It will not be about color. It will not be about texture. It will not be about pattern. It will not be about fit. It will not be a complaint about the standard of dress currently on the MC forum.
And it will be about all those things anyway.

As a perpetual noob myself, I would very much appreciate a designated MC thread on each of those individual subjects. The Tailor's Thread is perhaps already serving as a Fit & Proportions Thread, but we could certainly use a Color Coordination Thread and a Pattern Mixing Thread. On second thought, I'm still going to advocate for a separate Fit & Proportions Thread, too.

Pieceofsand

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What in the world is going on up in here, oh hail naw you didn't....

inlandisland

Reaction score

Suddenly I remembered why I don't take pics outdoors on windy winter days with direct sun ...
way.jpg

Truer colors below. Footwear, not pictured, is dark brown RM Williams chelseas.
wayclose.jpg

Tweed and white shirts don't mix. I look forward to Vox's instructional thread.

PLEASE POST EVERY DAY!:drool:

Last edited:

B.B. Haywood

Reaction score

rps20120119_112314.jpg

rps20120119_112143_433.jpg

had my pants legs lengthened
like it much better now
still able to keep the 1.5+ cuff
i like the collar on this ike behar shirt better than my BB shirts so i ordered a solid blue of the same cut yesterday
urban
how about a silk/wool blend tie?
can't really see the details in this picture but that is what i am wearing

Pants look good. I really like the suit. Who makes it?

inlandisland

Reaction score
@deandbn
"Nice. Is this another pair you made?"

No, I don't even really like these pants - I just haven't replaced them yet. I did alterations on them though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads