• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

deandbn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Like it... I love it Mister.... fresh, young, modern, bright, zany, spunky... Oh yes :D

Criticism: shirt and jacket sleeves a bit long.

ps: I wish i was young enough to wear Corneliani!! :nodding:

F. Corbera

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Against my better judgement, I will start a thread about this topic later this evening.

It will be called, "Practical Thoughts on Coherent Combinations for Beginners."

It will not be about color. It will not be about texture. It will not be about pattern. It will not be about fit. It will not be a complaint about the standard of dress currently on the MC forum.

And it will be about all those things anyway.

Last edited:

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Against my better judgement, I will start a thread about this topic later this evening.
It will not be about color. It will not be about texture. It will not be about pattern. It will not be about fit. It will not be a complaint about the standard of dress currently on the MC forum.

:lurk: x100

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should prove useful.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Patrick R, I highly recommend (if you have not already) starting at the beginning of the conservative business dress thread and reading the whole thing—including the existential debates about conservative business dress, WAYWRN, and SF in general. There's a lot there, and I learned much from the pictures and the words accompanying them. If you look back at some of my earlier posts, you'll see that I've had my own evolution. I've also been working my way through the Andersen & Sheppard Expatriates thread. Lots of the picture links are broken, but you can use the Wayback Machine to find archived versions of many of them.

I went through the entire conservative business dress thread two nights ago, which is why I started collecting your photos and gdl's. I agree the conversation is often more valuable than the pictures. I have not seen the Andersen & Sheppard Expatriates thread, but that will be my next stop. I appreciate the suggestions!

cliche

Reaction score
Like it... I love it Mister.... fresh, young, modern, bright, zany, spunky... Oh yes
biggrin.gif

Criticism: shirt and jacket sleeves a bit long.
ps: I wish i was young enough to wear Corneliani!!
nod[1].gif

Haha thanks alot! The shirt maybe is little long will tailor that. But the jacket is straight from a tailor you think its long?

I didn't know corneliani only was for young people is it :p?

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you who commented on my lack of a pocket square (and to others who require a pocket square with every jacket): I feel less and less like a pocket square is mandatory. Sometimes, I prefer to let other elements of my fit do the talking. In today's case, for example, with a windowpane jacket and a check shirt, I felt a pocket square would be adding a superfluous focal point, and take what some might believe is an already disjointed fit, and make it even more jarring.

In general, for odd patterned jackets combined with patterned shirts, my personal preference is frequently to forego the pocket square. I have no idea if this is technically correct or not, but the mere fact that it even occurs to me means it is most likely as rooted in good science as gravity and calculus.

Please note: I do, however, always carry a handkerchief to dry tears of ecstasy from the glassy eyes of smitten females.

Last edited:

inlandisland

Reaction score
Today:

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I like nearly everything that starts with "against my better judgment" when it is from someone whose judgment I respect. Hilarity, intentional or not, typically follows.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Thanks for reminding us of this thread, TRINI. While much just has to be left to the eye and taste, there are things that I see working well together over and over again. One that I've been noticing recently is similarly-spaced lines and dots/neats/florals. I've reblogged a bunch of them on my tumblr. Every time I see the two together it's a win. Thin lines and thick stripes (on a tie usually) are another combination that is a good place to start.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

2a90af54.jpg

8df8af2d.jpg

af5ef91e.jpg

d33ce153.jpg

217a93fc.jpg

5838b5e2.jpg
Don't be afraid of black. :)
Where do you buy your suits! I love them. I want a pin-stripe suit so badly bud haven;t been able to find anything. Sak and Neiman's are all blacky ,navy and grey.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This I got form my grandfather on my birthday so I dont know really how mutch it is but around $1200 I would think?
Yea that's what they were running OTR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics