HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. niidawg3

niidawg3 Senior member

[​IMG]

i am intrigued ...

FULL SHOT
    FULL SHOT
    FULL SHOT!!!

2. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

I have to see a full length of this suit!
    Wow, that's some suit HF.
    i am intrigued ... FULL SHOT FULL SHOT FULL SHOT!!!
    Wowza.
    NOBD-approved colours, even! [​IMG] [​IMG] I just ordered a black grenadine from Drakes since I really found myself wishing for one this am while I was trying to choose a tie. Hopefully it'll arrive in time to wear with this suit again later this week, and I'll get a full-length shot then. If not, I'll definitely wear it again next week. I want to get a few wears in before it becomes too warm for the flannel (mid/late April onwards here, usually). I reckon the auto-focus didn't know what part of the pattern to lock on to... [​IMG]

3. TRINI

TRINI Senior member

A black knit would also work well. As would a black Panta cashmere.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

A black knit would also work well. As would a black Panta cashmere.
    Grr... stop making me think about spending more money...! Heretical as it sounds, I'm not a massive fan of knits. If I want texture, I tend to prefer a grenadine weave instead (although I actually have roughly the same number of each). I know there's not a massive difference in appearance sometimes, but the feel is really different; the grenadine is "soft", whereas knits are "crispy". Cashmere, on the other hand, sounds like a divine option. The only issue I have with Panta ties, and the reason Drakes is my go-to instead is that the last time I looked, the lengths are fairly long (59", or something like that) and given I need to double-FIH normal 57/58" ties anyway, the length is just too much. With a cashmere tie, especially, the knot would become bulky on me.

5. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Senior member

A new suit. It needed special work. I am not 100% thrilled, but compared to the before, I can live with it. Of course, in real life...the little things are much less evident than in the stark contrast of a high resolution digital picture.

Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread. [​IMG]

Have a great Tuesday,

Mike

[​IMG]

Is that your Make Opposing Council Wet Their Pants Because My Power Suit Will Kick Your Ass ensemble?

6. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Those two things aren't necessarily related, ace. [​IMG]

(Just bustin' yer chops, bro. You're one of my faves.)

oh God ... everything Acecow said was accurate and i believe in good faith.

take the advice and stop being a d.ick!!!

To be clear, I do appreciate the critique. I've also PM'd ace and he has been even more helpful. I appreciate that as well. I wouldn't be posting if I did not genuinely want to learn. Hopefully today is better.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Spring is here. Cotton and linen are back.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Money. You look as acrid as I do.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/SPOILER]
    Nice look today. I'm undecided on the shirt, but things look positive.
    [​IMG] [/SPOILER]
    Love the buttons on the SC.
    [​IMG]
    I need to get a black grenadine. It was either this tie or a black satin, which was too nocturnal a vibe.
    As others have said, more is needed. [​IMG]
    To be clear, I do appreciate the critique. I've also PM'd ace and he has been even more helpful. I appreciate that as well. I wouldn't be posting if I did not genuinely want to learn. Hopefully today is better.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Today IS better, but that tie made me punch my toddler. I don't like punching babies, generally. Also, consider a two button suit - I don't think three button suits are your bag. Finally, you may want to take some fullness/length out of your trousers, but it could just be the pose.

9. Fantastic Mr Foxx

Fantastic Mr Foxx Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iLike. Nice sport coat, Parker.

10. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wow. Beautiful!

11. musicguy

musicguy Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Getting a haircut and especially shaving off that goattee will do wonders for your look. You seem to be of average height, maybe on the short side. 3 button jackets with high button stance and super long jackets exacerbate your shortness. The jacket looks to have a nice lapel roll, but it's not for you. Go for 2 button jackets with a lower button stance and a short overall length. Also, those socks don't work at all. Stick with plain dark grey socks for the time being. No comment on that tie. I see that you're trying and that's good, but tame it down.

12. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Really appreciating your words, tshaw! [​IMG]

Hahaha, are you seriously dtoing me, Spoomeister [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Anyway, earliest FRIDAY CONTEST ENTRY EVA (won´t be able to post from thursday on, so i thought getting it in early is legit...and for all the others who wanna compete: eat this! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ):

Black shoes - red socks - grey pants - red shirt - green tie - blue blazer - yellow ps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    Oh, I left my pumpkin in today since it was suggested that cropping my head was possibly exarcerbating the perception that I am "boxy" over on the cool kids thread. [​IMG]
    The cool kids were right, Mike. Having your melon in the pic makes a big difference -- and I mean that in a good way. [​IMG]

FULL SHOT
    FULL SHOT
    FULL SHOT!!!

+1 Don't be a tease, HF.

[​IMG]
    You'd better put on sugarbutch's stormtrooper helmet, son, 'cause you're about to be seriously roughed up over that tie.

14. acridsheep

acridsheep Senior member

Grazing on the carcasses of less senior members

Anyway, earliest FRIDAY CONTEST ENTRY EVA (won´t be able to post from thursday on, so i thought getting it in early is legit...and for all the others who wanna compete: eat this! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ):

Black shoes - red socks - grey pants - red shirt - green tie - blue blazer - yellow ps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ha ha ha, what will be a stretch for most others is actually frikkin' CBD for Spoozy. Well played, sir.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.