• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelton

Reaction score
What I wore today.

Missing are the photos of the Burberry Trench and Shoes and socks which were black (boring!) Handkerchief was a gift from my girlfriend it's Maclachlan Tartan (she's scottish so each family has a tartan)

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0926.jpg

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

II love ya, Crusty, but I don't think you can rightfully claim "full powers of F-bombs" while, in the same breath, saying "f-bomb" in place of "****" and even declining to fully spell out the word. Just sayin'. :teach:

TB, only because you asked so nicely, this F-bomb is for you - ****, ****, ****, ****, **** PISS MOTHERFUCKER.

Happy now? :satisfied:

cliche

Reaction score
Hope you all like it :)
-----------
Suit: Corneliani (dark gray)
Shirt: Eton
Tie: Zegna
Shoes: C&J

New couch also, is it nice?

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, in the old days, inclinations to violence within WAYWRN were channelled safely into the realm of oily Greco-Roman wrestling. While rules were few, honor was high. Only occasionally would the crowd roar for defeated necks to be snapped. Many of these battles could be titled, "The Untold Stories of Holdfast, the Champion."
LA Guy came into mututal proprietorship of the forvm precisely through these means. There was a day when another called a post of his, "stupid," and his jean pants, "whack." (Remember, in those days, there was only one WAYWRN for those who wore office pants and those who wore jeans pants.) Challenges were issued, arrangments made, greasy tumble upon greasy tumble ensued. The match raged all day.
In the end, though, marc37 was made to quaff a cup of his own urine and LA Guy ascended into Olympus.

Rituals such as described above still occur today in the industrial far western reaches of the island of Manhattan, though usually the participants are not wearing bespoke clothing (unless one counts custom leather chaps as bespoke), and the quaffing of urine is rather more pervasive.

Just sayin'.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

-----------

New couch also, is it nice?

Nice suit, I was looking at Corneiliani how much did you pay for yours?

Nelton

Reaction score

-----------

New couch also, is it nice?

I'm sorry I just don't think it works. I am not a big fan of the shirt, I think it looks far too busy with that tie, maybe a solid tie or a light plain blue shirt would have looked better. On the other hand I really like the braces.

Cheers Nick

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
d33ce153.jpg

Don't be afraid of black.
smile.gif

I'm going to go ahead and acknowledge that you're better dressed than myself by about a mile, but I do have one little issue with the tie/collar combo.
The outfit looks great, really sharp, conservative without being stodgy, but the wide spread collar just doesn't look quite right with the tie. I'm not sure if its the knot or a function of the wool knit, but it just looks a little off in an otherwise super-sharp fit.
Thats just my opinion though, for whatever that's worth.

LO'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads