HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Well, in the old days, inclinations to violence within WAYWRN were channelled safely into the realm of oily Greco-Roman wrestling. While rules were few, honor was high. Only occasionally would the crowd roar for defeated necks to be snapped. Many of these battles could be titled, "The Untold Stories of Holdfast, the Champion."

LA Guy came into mututal proprietorship of the forvm precisely through these means. There was a day when another called a post of his, "stupid," and his jean pants, "whack." (Remember, in those days, there was only one WAYWRN for those who wore office pants and those who wore jeans pants.) Challenges were issued, arrangments made, greasy tumble upon greasy tumble ensued. The match raged all day.

In the end, though, marc37 was made to quaff a cup of his own urine and LA Guy ascended into Olympus.

2. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Good luck finding it, n00b.

3. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

I think you should do a yearly prose digest to accompany your weekly pictorial ones.

4. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

LB looks great, of course, but what the hell is going on with Woody?

:confused:

[​IMG]

5. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Bearded Prick Dubiously Honored

Indeed. His moobs are out of control. And, worse, he seems proud enough of them that he's put them on display. This never would have happened if he'd stayed married to Mia.

6. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Fred49

Fred49 Senior member

let's put on bespoke shit and kill something! Yea baby

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

I gotta say based on my experience NYC wins out for sheer profanity (unless you're counting sum a dem well hard ees lundin charvas, bu' i ain cuz noone gets what dem sez newey) but you cockney blokes get the prize for the most words for todger. I mean, its gotten to the point where if anyone from the greater london area uses a singular noun I just assume its a synonym for wazzer... truly impressive.

nonetheless, only in nyc can six repetitions of the f bomb be used in a row, expressing a complete sentence with object, verb, subject and probably a few descriptors, and perfectly understood by any new yorker in hearing range.

9. john916

john916 New Member

I would love to know where to find this exact shirt. It would work well with my navy suit. Please and thanks

10. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Oh diddums.

11. PipersSon

PipersSon Senior member

Spoo? This is disappointing.....

12. Elegantly Wasted

Elegantly Wasted Senior member

These days, ascending into Olympus would be more like descending into Hades, though.
    :deadhorse:

13. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

well I believe the f-bomb is the most "flexible" word in the English language and can function reasonably as all 8 basic parts of speech. On a related and even more absurd note of parts of speech my uncle tried to tell me that the word "buffalo" 8 times or even 12 or 16 in a row is a grammatically correct sentence. At the time of course we were actually in Buffalo so he thought he was pretty fucking cute. Anyway, I still don't get it but apparently some English professor out there does! Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_buffalo_Buffalo_buffalo

14. Jamesgatz

Jamesgatz Senior member

But don't we already have FNB where even NSM and board demigods are discussed frankly (without those tired flasbacks from the "glory days" of WAYWRN)? Do we really need another one? If anyone wants to see what kind of reviews Manton, Foo, MBreinen and others have received from an ultra-critical community, just look at their Bespoke Wishes Gone Wrong or whatnot.

15. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

What exactly do you mean in regards to my suit? I'm sorta confused...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.