• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Afternoon Gents,

Feeling blue after receiving my Tax bill earlier this week......

BLOO3-1.jpg

And today a bit of conservative business dress Pitti style ;)

Pitti2-1.jpg
Awesome suit, details please

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A wonderful bow tie. It provides the perfect foil to the candy stripes on the shirt. Good sock coordination. Looking spiffy and ready to the town.

Thank you, it ended up with a nice dinner and home pretty early.

Yes, but there is no town that far North of the Arctic Circle.

True, but you can always get a hornfull of mead in the next village.

I just realized you look quite a bit like the new Chairman of the Board of Nokia. Nice bow, by the way.
http://www.f-secure.com/fi_FI/about-us/company/management/board-of-directors/index.html

Yep, there's definitely some resemblance :)

The arctic climate has perhaps shaped out features in a similar fashion. Didn't know he was such a looker :lol:

Elegant, intelligent and well-balanced in shape and color . Good job!

Much obliged!

Threadbearer
"I'm not a bow tie fan, but this looks great on you."

deandbn
"I agree about the Bowties. You look so dapper or maybe confident these days Mister."

A.J.V
"You really wear those bow ties well!"

inlandisland
"Always elegant!"

sugarbutch
Thanks for the thumbs up guys! :worship:

Last edited:

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you guys still get first rights on the bride when people get married or have they passed some laws about that? As well as a hornfull of mead!:)

Last edited:

acridsheep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the wild...
Birthday.jpg

That ratio of females to males approaches mine. If you added like ten more girls.

Fred11212RAshoes.jpg

The shoes. I want them.

Ignoring basic SF standards today by layering blacks.  Black pinstripe jacket / black shirt / black cap toes / dark wash jeans...  Lol, could have turned out worse.

This is, at the very least, debatable.

Ok, so I'm late to this show, but AS, gotta ask, are you on the tech side of the world or the b-side?

I am inept in both, therefore I have been given a position of substantial authority.

I love the suit, but I find pairing odd waistcoats with suits to be damn near impossible. You are not helping things.

Decided to try going check on check today. Just detail pics, sorry for that.

WHY DO YOU HATE EYES SO MUCH?

Last edited:

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Out to dinner with my girlfriend. Any feedback would be welcome
smile.gif

IMG_0907.jpg

IMG_0908.jpg

IMG_0909.jpg

IMG_0910.jpg

Should've worn a v-neck sweater IMHO. It looks more dressy, and thus goes better with a jacket, and the v-neck helps create a clean line from your neck downwards. As it is, when you look at the collar and move down, you run into a wall of brown. A v-neck would ease the eye into the brown sweater.

Love everything else - especially the shoes and socks!

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Should've worn a v-neck sweater IMHO. It looks more dressy, and thus goes better with a jacket, and the v-neck helps create a clean line from your neck downwards. As it is, when you look at the collar and move down, you run into a wall of brown. A v-neck would ease the eye into the brown sweater.

I don't know how to put this gently, Mr. 2% body fat, but nobody wants your half-opinion half-lecture input. Your posts make me cringe.

CDHagg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know how to put this gently, Mr. 2% body fat, but nobody wants your half-opinion half-lecture input. Your posts make me cringe.

I don't know how to put this to you, but I really don't care what you think. I don't even know who you are. I'm on SF to get input and inspiration, and give input where I think I have something to offer. I'm sorry if you don't like that. Please calm down.

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Do you guys still get first rights on the bride when people get married or have they passed some laws about that? As well as a hornfull of mead!:)

Le droit du Seigneur? Yes, but we use it wisely.

Nelton

Reaction score

I can't really warrant another v-neck jumper, especially in that colour (which is burgundy/maroon and hasnt come out well in the photo) as its my favourite and I have another jumper very similar to that. I didn't want to appear to dressed up as it was only in Wimbledon Village not up in London was a lovely evening :) but I see your point about there being a lot of burgundy from the collar downwards. Thank you for the kind words about the shoes and socks. I got the shoes on sale recently from Russell & Bromley they are quickly becoming my favourites. Cheers Nick

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Afternoon Gents,
Feeling blue after receiving my Tax bill earlier this week......
BLOO3-1.jpg

And today a bit of conservative business dress Pitti style ;)
Pitti2-1.jpg

Great colors and patterns on the suit. Not a big fan of the white lapel buttonhole, but it looks like you wanted to add a custom touch to a custom jacket. The windowpane is five stars :slayer:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads