HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pieceofsand

Pieceofsand Senior member

I like your fit and the combination of choice. I'd have to disagree with those of who said the check on the shirt were too small; I think if the checks were any bigger it'd be too informal. The combination of the texture with the fabric is arguable, but again if people want to nip pick about stuff, they'll find plenty things. Keep up the good work. Like to see more of you :slayer:

2. D.B.Cooper

D.B.Cooper Senior member

I see what you mean. Too many colors going on. It can be so tempting to over-coordinate. I've learned a ton in the few months I've been mostly lurking here, and I'll add "too much of a good thing" to my mental checklist.

3. dieselman89

dieselman89 Senior member

Thanks for the feedback. I think it's rude for him to make me pay again, but your probably right and he most likely will.

4. CDHagg

CDHagg Senior member

Overall, I like this. Kind of has a 1940's vibe, without the sack-suit element.

Color scheme: I'd say it looks pretty good. As someone else already pointed out, you might do well to wear a lighter color of shirt next time. I think the orange tie might look better with a powder-blue shirt than with this one.

Shirt: I think the grid pattern looks ok. But I'm not sold on the (formal and dressy in nature) cufflinks with the (not formal or dressy in nature) check pattern. If you want the shirt to look REALLY bespoke, have your tailor make the biceps smaller.

Suit: Hard to tell the fit. Post more pictures from the front, side, and back, with your hands at your side. It looks like it fits ok, and it probably does if it's bespoke and your tailor knows how to use a measuring tape. The pants look a little baggy for my taste; a more trendy fit would be a trimmer fit, and it would help the vibe of the outfit. Everything looks so 1940s-1950s as it is, so trimmer trousers would help keep you from looking like you just stepped out of a vintage movie.

P.S. Chillax about your social status on this forum. No one is trying to ignore you, and you probably didn't get a lot of comments the first time around because your fit looked so good. If people had REALLY thought it terrible, there would have been more comments saying so. I'm a noob myself, and I understand the defensiveness - I was the same way when I first joined. Just keep posting! [​IMG]

5. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Senior member

there is nothing egregiously wrong with your fit no one... but I'm not sure about the links on the non-French cuffs. If you want to wear a hat, or a checked shirt then really it's a matter of personal preference. The actual fit of the clothing looks fine. You may not receive comments at all if no one has a nit to pick! :lol:

6. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Senior member

This won't help, but f**k it, let's rock.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

I like it, but I believe a shorter jacket and pants that sit higher on the waist would make your torso look more proportionate - it looks really long as it is now!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  8. B|aze

B|aze Senior member

It's overall good, but I would have gone with a V-neck instead and the pants seems a bit to baggy. Colors are good

9. deandbn

deandbn Senior member

Put your pic the right way up.

Tighten / adjust your tie a little and get yourself a respectable dimple while you about it.

Suit fit looks very good.

Edit addition :

after looking at the pics put the correct way up, it looks as if you are posing with your hips un-naturally forward, if you stood straight your jacket probably would not pull at the button. Your stance is also making the trousers look awkward.
    Dress properly this time (tie), do another pic the correct way up, stand up straight, and it should look a helluva lot better.

Don't even think about saying you think the tailor would be rude to charge you again. The tailor charges you for labour, so if you take it back and want more labour then you should, pay again fo the extra labour.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  10. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

I like this in principle, bernoulli, but I'm not sure about the overall effect. (I'll pause here to see if anyone catches the physics humor. (No? Too arcane?)

All kidding aside, though, please give deets on the young lady in the background. :fonz:

11. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Suit - BB MTM
    Shirt - Lewin
    Tie - Aquascutum
    Cufflinks - BB
    Pocket square - no name brand
    Shoes - Heschung
    Overcoat - BB
    Scarf - Turnbull & Asser
    Hat - Selentino

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Dewi

Dewi Senior member

It may just be me, and admittedly I'm not around here very often, but I think this suit fits you best of any I've seen you wear. Perhaps more DBs in your future?

13. TauKappaEpsilon

TauKappaEpsilon Senior member

Interview at a leading, if not the top, NJ law firm.

Custom cashmere overcoat
    Custom suit (charcoal with light blue over check)
    RL shirt
    BB tie
    AE fifth ave (dark brown)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

First day back to classes, so fits will occur.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

I have to agree. I think the shirt is throwing off the distribution. With that configuration a white shirt and darker, matte tie would have balanced the equation must better. Bring up the buttoning point a scootch and add a white linen pocketsquare. Then the process would be complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.