1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctp120

ctp120 Senior member

[​IMG]

Like the cloth here, but these look to have a disproportionately high front rise. Maybe it's just the pic?

Dupioni from the other pic is very nice; great color.

2. spoozy

spoozy Senior member

Apart from the shirt shown with the tie, i like this particular get-up.
    Nice casual sc and jeans look, but those shoes...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the question of Osama´s death: i sincerely doubt he is dead, really. I´m pretty sure US intelligence has him in custody and will thoroughly question him to source more information. A burial at sea? Never. Why should they have done that?

Mooooooooaaaar pics!

Great tie / ps combo.

This makes you look very lean and tall, great stuff!

First fit: i think a darker ps would have been better. But nice shoez!
    Second fit: great stuff, i might have preffered a brown or tan tie, taking up the colour of the trou. Apart from that, a winner!

Herrinbone massacre: shirt, sc and pants all herringbone.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Is it bad that I found out that Bin Laden was killed from the WAYWRN thread?

4. IST66

IST66 Senior member

[​IMG]

Very nice!

[​IMG]
    Always great style![​IMG]

[​IMG] [/I]
    This pants.... Fantastic!

[QUOTE]
    Originally Posted by [B]MBreinin[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=4426816#post4426816'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]
    Sharp!

5. Holdfast

Holdfast Senior member

[​IMG]
    Really excellent colours and nice fit. Top notch, I'd say.
    More closed fronts or a lower buttoning point on the jacket would probably suit the rise of those trousers better. Are the trousers part of a suit normally, by any chance? I have that issue with one or two suits; if I wear their trousers separately, it has to be in winter when I can add an odd waistcoat or jumper to mask the rise.
    I'm loving the fit on this suit now that the waist has been taken in...
    It does look better, yes. I don't like that particular tan shade of shoes with navy. Lots of people do, I think, but it looks a bit off to me.
    Just shows that you know what's really important in life... [​IMG]

6. upr_crust

upr_crust Senior member

Not that I'm a good judge of casual but I think it looks good.

Looks good to me, Señor Crust..

Thank you, gentlemen.

Apart from the shirt shown with the tie, i like this particular get-up.
    Nice casual sc and jeans look, but those shoes...[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

And the question of Osama´s death: i sincerely doubt he is dead, really. I´m pretty sure US intelligence has him in custody and will thoroughly question him to source more information. A burial at sea? Never. Why should they have done that?

I was fully prepared to take a load of isht about the boots, though not necessarily expecting it from you - an honest opinion, at least.

As for bin Laden's burial at sea, your theory is not without merit, but I cannot see him surviving a raid, even if he died by his own hand. Being captive by the US would be a worse hell for him than being dead (not that he doesn't deserve whatever hell he will find himself in).

Yes, your perspectives are warped, but not in a bad way - your priorities show that you value pleasure and sanity over pain and insanity (a.k.a. the news of the day).

7. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Senior member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone
    No worse than getting one's "news" from FOX.

8. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Luft that combo is so perfect for today!

It reminds me how much I want a blue plaid suit [​IMG] It would also look great with a plain white PS, shirt and a purple knit tie IMO [​IMG]

9. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

No worse than getting one's "news" from FOX.

That would be CBD: WAYWRN

10. acecow

acecow Senior member

I did too. I, for one, care about clothes way more than I care about politics.

That would be CBD: WAYWRN

LOL

11. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Rainy day here in Dallas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. acecow

acecow Senior member

Rainy day here in Dallas.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Congrats! You're looking much better now. I think a v-neck sweater would improve the look. As would sleeker shoes.

Your jackets are still a bit boxy, but if I understand correctly all of them are your old jackets, and as such, they fit very well.

Next step for you is new shoes and new, more slim-fitting jackets. (not just tailored, but better-cut ones) Still, you look great.

13. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. mktitsworth

mktitsworth Senior member

Congrats! You're looking much better now. I think a v-neck sweater would improve the look. As would sleeker shoes. Your jackets are still a bit boxy, but if I understand correctly all of them are your old jackets, and as such, they fit very well. Next step for you is new shoes and new, more slim-fitting jackets. (not just tailored, but better-cut ones) Still, you look great.
    Thanks. I agree on the v-neck. The shoes are my beaters. They're too wide, too long, and too boxy so I rarely wear them except on days where I don't want to subject other shoes to the elements. As for sleeker, well, I have these on order:
    [​IMG]
    but that will be a few months, and would definitely not be in this weather. As far as jackets go, I've been out trying things on seeing how they look, doing all that recently, but not really liking anything. The back of my shoulder seems to have an odd slope that doesn't fit well RTW. So, I've been putting together a list of details and am pretty well decided on my next big jacket/suit purchase being bespoke.

15. acecow

acecow Senior member

Thanks. I agree on the v-neck. The shoes are my beaters. They're too wide, too long, and too boxy so I rarely wear them except on days where I don't want to subject other shoes to the elements. As for sleeker, well, I have these on order:

[​IMG]

but that will be a few months, and would definitely not be in this weather. As far as jackets go, I've been out trying things on seeing how they look, doing all that recently, but not really liking anything. The back of my shoulder seems to have an odd slope that doesn't fit well RTW. So, I've been putting together a list of details and am pretty well decided on my next big jacket/suit purchase being bespoke.

Beautiful shoes! [​IMG]

16. Kappelan

Kappelan Senior member

17. Neofinitia

Neofinitia Senior member

MBreinin, you rock. Love the salvo of fits.

18. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Malo jacket
    Zegna shirt
    Incotex pant
    NM belt
    Armani socks
    testoni monkstraps
    MJ cologne
    GP watch

19. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

Lake Tahoe ...

The perfect postcard picture: "Wish you were here!" [​IMG]

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful scenery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.