1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mr.K, Mar 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

also...are you planning to wear it with a shirt? then take a flick with a shirt...

2. harry2quinn

harry2quinn Senior member

Trying to come through on my promise of regularity on this thread... now that I look at it, lots of checks going on, I see (windowpane and plaid jackets, gingham and microcheck shirts)! Funny coincidence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. Citan1145

Citan1145 Senior member

I assure you it isn't skin tight, it is pretty loose everywhere to be honest. the waist taper is just too much atm. gonna do something to balance it.

4. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

And a personal challenge to you:
    Stop being such a tight ass :)

He looks cool. I like a good fitting suit as much as the next guy, but he´s not going for that in this case. He has a relaxed formal look which works for him.

5. Pliny

Pliny Senior member

Agree when not totally perfect, but especially from behind the chest bags like a deflated juice monkey. Pity because the lower half looks awsm

Very nice Romeo, cept perhaps width n length of arms and length of jacket- tho looking at my own linen, mebe the wider sleeves are a linen thing, can anyone enlighten me?

a great look n the casual sloppiness is part of the charm

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

You have a very slim fit, and those shoes looks to big on you (are they?) The tie is 6/10 for this outfit. I dont know about all ''without socks thing'' But the good part is that you are trying to make something diffrent and try not be like anyone else wich is very lovely to see, I like diffrent people :)!

Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  7. clapeyron

clapeyron Senior member

I like these colours [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Sir F

Sir F Senior member

Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  9. clarinetplayer

clarinetplayer Senior member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Subtle roped, natural shoulders. Absolutely love these DB dinner jackets. So, now we know that, on his days off from his duties on the Enterprise, this is what Jean-Luc Piccard wore.

In June, I am attending a big charity ball and the Bogart pic got me thinking that, somewhere, there must be a good source of vintage jackets. Noticed that Bogart and the Captain donned a PS.

10. clarinetplayer

This inspired me to listen to the Passion during my morning run. Wishing I played the oboe!

1 person likes this.
  11. Blasphima

Blasphima Member

Since my 2-roll-1 velvet jacket rustled everyone's jimmies, here's my take on CBD to make up for it.
    And yes, I know that wearing a pocket square with an outfit like this is technically incorrect...

[​IMG]

12. clarinetplayer

:D

My "point" was this: [​IMG]

And not this: [​IMG]

But, everyone should hike their own hike.
    Toscanini: "Verdi was right. Wagner was right. They were both right!"

Coda: acridsheep could wear anything and make it look like a million bucks. He has the "touch".

13. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Dean shah's fit points to something that you seem to not be able to understand, which is that clothing doesn't have to adhere to a certain set of rules and regulations, like wearing a white tv fold pocket square, or any pocket square for example.

I'm firmly on the MC side of things during the week when I post fits but can still appreciate looks from designers like yohji, dries van noten etc etc. Doesn't mean I'd wear them, but that's not the point. I also really think your post count is at the point where your commentary in this thread should be backed up with some fits of your own, think of it to school the shah's and SW&D guys if you like.

3 people like this.
  14. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Very nice.

15. F. Corbera

F. Corbera Senior member

Sheepy's shawl lapels bear but the most passing similarity to the ones Bogart sports in Casablanca. To my eye, they are as different as different can practically be.

I find the notion of reshaping Acrid's lapels quite odd. People seem to have gone a little apeshit crazy in this forum recently concerning the extent to which an existing garment can be, or should be, altered. Lapels, "buttoning points," pockets, hems, sleeve diameters, pants leg "tapering," shoulders: it's like all these things exist only in MS Paint in the imaginary StyleForvm world and one is free to move them around at will.

If you had the eye to restyle something successfully, you would have had the eye not to have bought something ugly or ill-fitting in the first place.

Are you altering something that fits to fit a bit better? That makes sense.

Are you engaging in a restyling of a garment, particularly RTW? This is nuts except in very rare cases. Toss it, and get a new one. If you can pay for a recut done by a real tailor with some chance of succeeding, you can pay for a replacement.

3 people like this.
  16. Ianiceman

Ianiceman Senior member

@ Blasphima:
    I like hard 3 but most of SF doesn't so if you get any shit for that ignore them! Your jacket fits well but sleeves look a bit short. don't like the tie at all but there's nothing 'technically incorrect' about a pocket square with that outfit, and a white TV fold is about as conservative and inoffensive as you can get.

17. modandm

modandm New Member

Here's a new jacket I just bought with a classic Oxford shirt. I know the jeans aren't great - I am trying to slim down a little before buying new jeans and trousers. What else could i wear this with besides jeans? I was thinking navy cargo's. Not khaki chinos I know that but maybe stone or white chinos? Feedback please

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. black_umbrella

black_umbrella Senior member

The ps is not technically incorrect. Especially a white one. The tie, on the other hand, is an atrocity and deserves to die.

You're also rocking a little too much exposed cuff for my tastes.

19. forex

forex Senior member

Looks good but undo your top button and get a different tie.

20. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Blasphima:

suit is a little dated but IMO it's a true 3B so top two done up is fine
    tie is very dated, I'd suggest you pass it on to a charity
    pocketsquare is fine, yours is folded too wide so it's not sitting well here (too much showing)
    suit sleeves are probably 0.5-0.75 inches too short

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.